install printer spooler sevice

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
July 16, 2005 3:01:04 AM

I am running widows XP with SP2 installed and have never had problems with
the 2 printers I have installed. A Lexmark X2250 & HP photosmart 7760 untill
we had to take the computer in to have Norton antivirus 2005 update
installed. When we got it back I found that both my printers did not work &
neather of them showed up in the control panal. When I tried to print I got a
message reading "Windows can not connect printer. The printer spooler is not
running". I contacted the company that put Norton in & they said they touch
the printers. Can anyone help me on how to correct this problem or direct me
to where I can get info. on the printer spooler so I can reinstall my
printers? I am very new at working on the computer be would like to learn.
Thanks for any help.

More about : install printer spooler sevice

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 3:16:01 AM

"chitown" wrote:

> I am running widows XP with SP2 installed and have never had problems with
> the 2 printers I have installed. A Lexmark X2250 & HP photosmart 7760 untill
> we had to take the computer in to have Norton antivirus 2005 update
> installed. When we got it back I found that both my printers did not work &
> neather of them showed up in the control panal. When I tried to print I got a
> message reading "Windows can not connect printer. The printer spooler is not
> running". I contacted the company that put Norton in & they said they touch
> the printers. Can anyone help me on how to correct this problem or direct me
> to where I can get info. on the printer spooler so I can reinstall my
> printers? I am very new at working on the computer be would like to learn.
> Thanks for any help.
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 9:23:00 PM

Start the Printer Spooler Service. From the command prompt, type

net start spooler

and hit the enter key.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"chitown" <chitown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running widows XP with SP2 installed and have never had problems with
> the 2 printers I have installed. A Lexmark X2250 & HP photosmart 7760
> untill
> we had to take the computer in to have Norton antivirus 2005 update
> installed. When we got it back I found that both my printers did not work
> &
> neather of them showed up in the control panal. When I tried to print I
> got a
> message reading "Windows can not connect printer. The printer spooler is
> not
> running". I contacted the company that put Norton in & they said they
> touch
> the printers. Can anyone help me on how to correct this problem or direct
> me
> to where I can get info. on the printer spooler so I can reinstall my
> printers? I am very new at working on the computer be would like to learn.
> Thanks for any help.
August 17, 2005 5:12:02 PM

I Have already done it, but it keeps turning off by itself

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Start the Printer Spooler Service. From the command prompt, type
>
> net start spooler
>
> and hit the enter key.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "chitown" <chitown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running widows XP with SP2 installed and have never had problems with
> > the 2 printers I have installed. A Lexmark X2250 & HP photosmart 7760
> > untill
> > we had to take the computer in to have Norton antivirus 2005 update
> > installed. When we got it back I found that both my printers did not work
> > &
> > neather of them showed up in the control panal. When I tried to print I
> > got a
> > message reading "Windows can not connect printer. The printer spooler is
> > not
> > running". I contacted the company that put Norton in & they said they
> > touch
> > the printers. Can anyone help me on how to correct this problem or direct
> > me
> > to where I can get info. on the printer spooler so I can reinstall my
> > printers? I am very new at working on the computer be would like to learn.
> > Thanks for any help.

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 10:54:53 PM

Do you get an error message when it disables itself?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"German" <German@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I Have already done it, but it keeps turning off by itself
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Start the Printer Spooler Service. From the command prompt, type
>>
>> net start spooler
>>
>> and hit the enter key.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>

>> "chitown" <chitown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am running widows XP with SP2 installed and have never had problems
>> >with
>> > the 2 printers I have installed. A Lexmark X2250 & HP photosmart 7760
>> > untill
>> > we had to take the computer in to have Norton antivirus 2005 update
>> > installed. When we got it back I found that both my printers did not
>> > work
>> > &
>> > neather of them showed up in the control panal. When I tried to print I
>> > got a
>> > message reading "Windows can not connect printer. The printer spooler
>> > is
>> > not
>> > running". I contacted the company that put Norton in & they said they
>> > touch
>> > the printers. Can anyone help me on how to correct this problem or
>> > direct
>> > me
>> > to where I can get info. on the printer spooler so I can reinstall my
>> > printers? I am very new at working on the computer be would like to
>> > learn.
>> > Thanks for any help.

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 1:18:03 PM

No error message except when windows loads, that tells me that the
spoolsrv.exemdm cannot initiate

!