install printer spooler sevice

I am running widows XP with SP2 installed and have never had problems with
the 2 printers I have installed. A Lexmark X2250 & HP photosmart 7760 untill
we had to take the computer in to have Norton antivirus 2005 update
installed. When we got it back I found that both my printers did not work &
neather of them showed up in the control panal. When I tried to print I got a
message reading "Windows can not connect printer. The printer spooler is not
running". I contacted the company that put Norton in & they said they touch
the printers. Can anyone help me on how to correct this problem or direct me
to where I can get info. on the printer spooler so I can reinstall my
printers? I am very new at working on the computer be would like to learn.
Thanks for any help.
5 answers Last reply
More about install printer spooler sevice

    "chitown" wrote:

    > I am running widows XP with SP2 installed and have never had problems with
    > the 2 printers I have installed. A Lexmark X2250 & HP photosmart 7760 untill
    > we had to take the computer in to have Norton antivirus 2005 update
    > installed. When we got it back I found that both my printers did not work &
    > neather of them showed up in the control panal. When I tried to print I got a
    > message reading "Windows can not connect printer. The printer spooler is not
    > running". I contacted the company that put Norton in & they said they touch
    > the printers. Can anyone help me on how to correct this problem or direct me
    > to where I can get info. on the printer spooler so I can reinstall my
    > printers? I am very new at working on the computer be would like to learn.
    > Thanks for any help.

    Start the Printer Spooler Service. From the command prompt, type

    net start spooler

    and hit the enter key.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "chitown" <chitown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am running widows XP with SP2 installed and have never had problems with
    > the 2 printers I have installed. A Lexmark X2250 & HP photosmart 7760
    > untill
    > we had to take the computer in to have Norton antivirus 2005 update
    > installed. When we got it back I found that both my printers did not work
    > &
    > neather of them showed up in the control panal. When I tried to print I
    > got a
    > message reading "Windows can not connect printer. The printer spooler is
    > not
    > running". I contacted the company that put Norton in & they said they
    > touch
    > the printers. Can anyone help me on how to correct this problem or direct
    > me
    > to where I can get info. on the printer spooler so I can reinstall my
    > printers? I am very new at working on the computer be would like to learn.
    > Thanks for any help.

    I Have already done it, but it keeps turning off by itself

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Start the Printer Spooler Service. From the command prompt, type
    >
    > net start spooler
    >
    > and hit the enter key.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "chitown" <chitown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am running widows XP with SP2 installed and have never had problems with
    > > the 2 printers I have installed. A Lexmark X2250 & HP photosmart 7760
    > > untill
    > > we had to take the computer in to have Norton antivirus 2005 update
    > > installed. When we got it back I found that both my printers did not work
    > > &
    > > neather of them showed up in the control panal. When I tried to print I
    > > got a
    > > message reading "Windows can not connect printer. The printer spooler is
    > > not
    > > running". I contacted the company that put Norton in & they said they
    > > touch
    > > the printers. Can anyone help me on how to correct this problem or direct
    > > me
    > > to where I can get info. on the printer spooler so I can reinstall my
    > > printers? I am very new at working on the computer be would like to learn.
    > > Thanks for any help.

    Do you get an error message when it disables itself?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "German" <German@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I Have already done it, but it keeps turning off by itself
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Start the Printer Spooler Service. From the command prompt, type
    >>
    >> net start spooler
    >>
    >> and hit the enter key.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "chitown" <chitown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I am running widows XP with SP2 installed and have never had problems
    >> >with
    >> > the 2 printers I have installed. A Lexmark X2250 & HP photosmart 7760
    >> > untill
    >> > we had to take the computer in to have Norton antivirus 2005 update
    >> > installed. When we got it back I found that both my printers did not
    >> > work
    >> > &
    >> > neather of them showed up in the control panal. When I tried to print I
    >> > got a
    >> > message reading "Windows can not connect printer. The printer spooler
    >> > is
    >> > not
    >> > running". I contacted the company that put Norton in & they said they
    >> > touch
    >> > the printers. Can anyone help me on how to correct this problem or
    >> > direct
    >> > me
    >> > to where I can get info. on the printer spooler so I can reinstall my
    >> > printers? I am very new at working on the computer be would like to
    >> > learn.
    >> > Thanks for any help.

    No error message except when windows loads, that tells me that the
    spoolsrv.exemdm cannot initiate

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Do you get an error message when it disables itself?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "German" <German@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I Have already done it, but it keeps turning off by itself
    > >
    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Start the Printer Spooler Service. From the command prompt, type
    > >>
    > >> net start spooler
    > >>
    > >> and hit the enter key.
    > >> --
    > >> Cari (MS-MVP)