Gigabyte GA8iEXP won't overclock

DaveQQ

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2002
Reposted from the components forum just incase someone else can help. Having trouble o/c ing this beast (GA8iEXP), tips from owners would be welcome or anyone else for that matter! 1.8A northwood, 1Gb (2x512Mb) Crucial PC2100 RAM, Leadtek GF4Ti4200 (128Mb). Basically cant get the beast upto 133 fsb (seems to stop at about 110MHz) for some unknown reason, not temp as this thing is v cool at stock typ 32°C under normal load and 40°C under heavy load, the manual says I can set the AGP/PCI dividers but the BIOS will only let me lock the speeds (66 and 33) respectively however SiSoft Sandra reports a PCI of 38MHz this aint right and I know is the hub of the prob but how can I fix it? Is the board faulty it was bought very early only a couple of weeks after release. PS am running the latest BIOS version F8 and I know about the hidden advanced settings with CTRL-F1.

Jeff68005

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
I would test each memory stick one by one with Sandra. I thought I had matched memory but it turned out they were not. One was CL2 only to 100 instead of 133.
I've been able to go to 110 but after a while, it gets flaky. I think in my case, it may be my video card as my next candidate.
I agree about temps being ok with this board and P4 1.8a.
I know faster memory needs a heat cover, but I don't know when that becomes necessary or advisable.

Every working computer must be improved .... or replaced ...