Forms Creation from pre-printed docs

lem

I looking for recommendations on what hardware and software to use to
create editable forms. What I have in mind is to scan in a pre-printed
form and create an editable pdf, that is, a pdf doc in which I can fill
in the blanks.

What's a good scanner for this? As long as I'm buying a scanner, it
would be nice if it was useful for other tasks, like scanning photos,
but that would not be my primary use of it.

Do I need to get Acrobat, or should I get something like OmniPage Pro?

I'd like to know the answer too. I would like a typewriter program. You
would scan any form, fill it out, and then print onto the original document.

Dennis Marks wrote:

> I'd like to know the answer too. I would like a typewriter program. You
> would scan any form, fill it out, and then print onto the original document.
>
> "Lem" <lemp40@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I looking for recommendations on what hardware and software to use to
>>create editable forms. What I have in mind is to scan in a pre-printed
>>form and create an editable pdf, that is, a pdf doc in which I can fill in
>>the blanks.
>>
>>What's a good scanner for this? As long as I'm buying a scanner, it would
>>be nice if it was useful for other tasks, like scanning photos, but that
>>would not be my primary use of it.
>>
>>Do I need to get Acrobat, or should I get something like OmniPage Pro?

It seems as if ScanSoft PDF Creator Pro v.3 would do exactly what I
want, but there are so many complaints about problems and lack of
support (even though you have to pay for it) at the ScanSoft forums that
I hesitate to pay $99 for this app.

TRENDING THREADS