Printer drivers for Win 98 in Windows XP

samuel

Hi guys,

An Epson Stylus Color 640 was connected to a Windows XP
computer and shared on the network in my our office.
Since i was sharing it for use on the entire network and
since many of our computers are still running
on Windows 98 and Windows ME. I decided to
load its drivers into the Win XP system..

However, I made a mistake and while installing the
driver for the Epson Printer, I mistakenly pointed
the driver for an HP Officejet v40 instead.
It installed well, but it probably won't work now.
My problem is, the computer already locked the
device drivers of the Epson printer for Windows 95/98/ME.

I cannot change the wrong driver that was installed under
it. I tried removing the Epson printer driver and re-installing it,
but the driver for Win 98 is already locked and it seems,
unchangeable, what do you suggest i do about it?

The Win 98 computers on the network, cannot
spot the printer on the Win XP computer,
does this have something to do with the driver?

Thank you for any reply in advance.

On the XP PC, go to the Control Panel and click on Printers & Faxes. From
the Toolbar, select File, Server Properties. In the drivers tab, delete the
incorrect set of drivers.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging