Cannot send or receive with Microsoft Fax XP

I have this problem where I was not able to send or receive using
Microsoft Fax (for WinXP and 2000). I'm using a GPRS modem which I have
got working for other fax softwares like Symantec and MightyFax.

I was able to establish a connection but was not able to send or
receive. I can hear the ringing sound from the remote fax machine I was
dialing but no fax was received there. Error message is "An error
occurred while sending/receiving fax".

For Win2000, I was only able to send but even then, the fax was not
clear. Help appreciated. Thanks. :)

--
Vlanze
1 answer Last reply

    There is an even money chance that there's nothing you can do, XP Fax has
    more than enough trouble with MANY analog modems and regular wire telephone
    lines. Attempting to use it with anything even remotely "non-standard"
    (including Cell phones that work as fax modems, ISDN adapters with fax modem
    capabilities, VoIP services, etc.) very often gives it (and you and us and
    lots of other folk) heartburn. My only suggestion would be to contact the
    mobile phone's manufacturer and see if they have a solution. From the XP
    Fax standpoint, all bets are off with any device that's not listed in the
    Hardware Compatibility List:

    Windows XP Hardware Compatibility
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "Vlanze" <Vlanze.1sd51u@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I have this problem where I was not able to send or receive using
    > Microsoft Fax (for WinXP and 2000). I'm using a GPRS modem which I have
    > got working for other fax softwares like Symantec and MightyFax.
    >
    > I was able to establish a connection but was not able to send or
    > receive. I can hear the ringing sound from the remote fax machine I was
    > dialing but no fax was received there. Error message is "An error
    > occurred while sending/receiving fax".
    >
    > For Win2000, I was only able to send but even then, the fax was not
    > clear. Help appreciated. Thanks. :)
    >

    > --
    > Vlanze

Fax Microsoft Windows XP