Maxed out multiplier

svol

Champion
I now got my Athlon XP1600+ running at 1.67GHz which means XP2000+ with 133*13 on my Abit KG7-RAID. Temps are 41C with 2.04V Vcore on full load with watercooling (little high). So I should be able to push it further.

The only problem is that I maxed out the multiplier settings on this board (13x is max... after that it is auto select) and I DON'T WANT TO OC the FSB until I changed the drives of my RAID 0 array (one of them is behaving strange, so I don't want to stress them). Anyone ever seen an edited BIOS of this board with more multiplier settings? Or knows for sure this is even possible with this board (then I contact Abit and see if they're so kind to get me a better one). I already have the latest BIOS with added HPT v2.32 BIOS (9M is the number).

BTW does anyone know if there is a voltage mod for the KG7 to give you the abbility to increase the AGP Voltage?

*Advertisement*
<b><A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/dewrede/enterstrips.html" target="_new">Geert's Comics</A></b>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
there is a bridge mod you can do on those chips. you close certain bridges and it adds 5 to the multiplier in the bios. 10 is 15, 9 is 14...

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

svol

Champion
Interesting... do you have any idea which chips controls that? Or have you an idea where I can find scematics of the mobo chip functions so I can find out myself?

*Advertisement*
<b><A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/dewrede/enterstrips.html" target="_new">Geert's Comics</A></b>

psykoikonov

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
I just thought of something. If you can find a bios for your mobo that supports the new XP's. Wouldn't that give you the larger multipliers or no?

:eek: <b>Who needs heatsinks and fans, I have an igloo</b> :eek:

svol

Champion
Hmmm... yes, that might help. The boards newest BIOS support up to XP2100+. And I found out that selecting a 13x multiplier gives you 12.5x. I think I'm gonne contact Abit and see if they are so kind to give me some info.

*Advertisement*

psykoikonov

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
Ya if you could get a bios that supported even 2400+ that would be *scratches head pulls out calculator* 14.5!! That'd keep me happy...atleast for awhile lol.

:eek: <b>Who needs heatsinks and fans, I have an igloo</b> :eek:

svol

Champion
Yeah... strangest thing that since yesterday it will not boot with a higher multiplier... buw lowering works. Gotte find out what is wrong.

*Advertisement*

skligmund

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2002
Ever figure out a way to get the higher multipliers to work? I doesn't seem to work like the good ol' KT7E, I haven't been able to get my higher multipliers... :(

What are we going to do tonight Brain?
The same thing we do every night Pinky; <b>Try to take over the world!</b>

svol

Champion
No I never figured it out... and now I destroyed that mobo I don't have too. :smile:

But you can swithc to the higher multipliers with a Palomino core by modding the L10 bridge so the closed one gets opened and the opened one gets closed... this is similair to the L3 fifth bridge trick for the T-breds.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek:

skligmund

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2002
Bummer, so I'll never be able to use my XP2200 T-Bred 'A' in the KG7, guess I'll throw it in the old KT7E...

skligmund

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2002
I KNOW it will work in the KT7E, my 1800 T-Bred 'B' was cut/painted for higher multipliers, but AMD's lame ass 761 chipset won't let me do the same thing.

For some reason the AMD chipset is unable to handle the higher multipliers like the old KT7E could, which sucks baecause the AMD chipset has DDR RAM, which is why I have it. Maybe I'll get yet ANOTHER motherboard.......

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
You should quit while your ahead. I understand the lastest BIOS can support upto Xp2400. You should get yourslef one these there dirt cheap, check to see what core it uses, I think you can get them with the new barton core which is overclockable.

skligmund

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2002
The bios does NOT support up to XP2400 (I have the latest bios), it doesn't support any multipliers above 13x, so 2400 is out of the question. I just confirmed to myself in my head that this motherboard/chipset is crap for overclocking, I max out at about 1755, any higher and the FSB is too high and the AGP slot pukes.

Oh well.

svol

Champion
No thanks... lots have changed in the months when I posted this thread.

I now have a XP1600+ AGOIA running 1750MHz @ 1.775V which will go higher the comming weaks when I tweaked my watercooling. And because I damaged my mobo I now have an Epox 8K5A2+ KT333.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek: