Canon IP5000 printer driver fails to install

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

On trying to install the Canon IP5000 printer driver I'm getting an error
of....

"The specified module could not be found"

This occurs at the 60% stage when the install process is showing a
description of 'creating folder'.

Any ideas?

Byte

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Install the software first before connecting the printer to the PC. DO NOT
connect the printer to the PC until adviced to do so during the installation.
Uninstall & reinstall Printer
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"davout" wrote:

> On trying to install the Canon IP5000 printer driver I'm getting an error
> of....
>
> "The specified module could not be found"
>
> This occurs at the 60% stage when the install process is showing a
> description of 'creating folder'.
>
> Any ideas?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Got the answer....

Switch oin the IP5000. let plug n'play discover the printer and away you go.

It would appear that when the driver install fails it must have left the
drivers in place.