Sign in with
Your question
Solved

FIFA 13 low FPS with HD7850

Last response: in Video Games
October 1, 2012 6:00:28 PM

Hi guys, yesterday I bought FIFA 13 and I am experiencing rather bad gameplay. At the highest settings (1080p, high, MSAA 4x, no limit on fps, v-sync off) I get around 20-ish FPS. And with MSAA off and medium settings I get around 40. I would expect more from my system (see my sig for specs) since it can run games like BF3 and Crysis 2 at ultra settings reasonably well.
I am using AMD Catalyst 12.9 beta, also tried Catalyst 12.8 on Windows 7. I start the game in Origin if it matters. Also I tried running CPU and GPU at stock settings and OC.
Can anyone shed some light on whether this truly is all I can expect or that I'm missing something?

Thanks!

More about : fifa low fps hd7850

October 7, 2012 5:01:45 PM

Anyone who can at least point me to some benchmarks or other discussion on the matter?

Best solution

October 12, 2012 3:20:52 AM

I had a similar problem running crossfire 6950's . I managed to get around 100 FPS using a couple of tweaks.

You want to control as much as possible through catalyst control. Firstly, Turn of MSAA and Vsync on the game settings and have no limit to FPS aswell with max rendering.

In catalyst control under applications settings everything is pretty much maxed out and override application settings. So turn on Vertical refresh and AA settings here. You should be able to max them out.

Hope this helps

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 12, 2012 1:08:29 PM

Thanks! With a bit of tweaking I now get butter smooth gameplay at close to max settings :) 
October 12, 2012 1:08:53 PM

Best answer selected by Thomas_89.
October 24, 2012 10:28:04 PM

olski1 said:
I had a similar problem running crossfire 6950's . I managed to get around 100 FPS using a couple of tweaks.

You want to control as much as possible through catalyst control. Firstly, Turn of MSAA and Vsync on the game settings and have no limit to FPS aswell with max rendering.

In catalyst control under applications settings everything is pretty much maxed out and override application settings. So turn on Vertical refresh and AA settings here. You should be able to max them out.

Hope this helps

thanx a million dude....i had tried 3 diff graphics cards... all of them were lagging but ur solution helped me to get around 45-60 fps at 1080p.. thanx...
February 21, 2013 10:57:25 PM

olski1 said:

Hope this helps

HELLO. I Have ASUS HD7850

when i off the vsync my FIFA13 is look like working without any fpsdrops but
at this time I see Black linear waves on my screen. this happend all games without Vsync and CCC's Vsync doesn't work

what can i do for this problem?
March 5, 2013 5:39:49 PM

i am having a similar issue with games. i have a Sapphire HD 7850 OC Edition 2GB.
and with most games, it defaultly sets the settings to high, i have tried changing the AA in catalyst control settings but it has done nothing to solve the problem. also the lagg i get only happens at certain times.

for wow for example, if i am in a dungeon i get average 100+ frame rate, but as soon as i anywhere other than that, the fps drops right down to 20 and lower even, and its to unbearable to play, with how much it jumps.

with the new tomb raider. it started off perfectly working smoothly, could notice any lag what so ever, then after 3 minutes or soo when i had to leave the intial area, like go outside. major lag, and drop in frame rate. and unless i take the settings down to the lowest possible on both games, the frame rate doesnt come back up.

same thing happens with dota too. only game so far to not show lag, is cs global offensive. and age of empire 3

if you want my pc spec, i will send them to you in an email
!