Closed

Dot Matrix printer custom paper size in Wiindows XP Pro

Hi,

I work with Epson LQ870 and LQ590 in Wiindows XP Pro and there are no
custom paper size chosen in Dot Matrix Printer. How can be done in
setting in Paper size. Thanks.

Alex

--
lik_leungPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
9 answers Last reply

    Click Start>Control Panel>Printers and Faxes
    Rightclick your printer>Properties
    See if there is a "Device Settings" tab and click it.
    It should have Auto, Tractor or Manual feed settings.
    Click Auto's down arrow for paper size selections.
    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "lik_leung" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I work with Epson LQ870 and LQ590 in Wiindows XP Pro and there are no
    > custom paper size chosen in Dot Matrix Printer. How can be done in
    > setting in Paper size. Thanks.
    >
    > Alex
    >

    > --
    > lik_leungPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    In Epson LQ870 and LQ590 in Wiindows XP Pro ,there are no
    custom paper size chosen in Dot Matrix Printer
    It should have Auto, Tractor or Manual feed settings.
    I have choose Auto and I need to type in the "dpi" value in paper size.
    In winME and 98, there are customer paper size set in device setting .
    But it does not find it in Win XP. How can be done in setting in Paper
    size. Thank.

    --
    lik_leungPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    Go to the Epson website for updated drivers for the printers that are
    compatible with WindowsXP, and download them.

    EPSON America, Inc. - Technical Support - LQ-590
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Overview&oid=28742

    EPSON America, Inc. - Technical Support - LQ-870
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Overview&oid=14251

    --

    "lik_leung" wrote:

    > In Epson LQ870 and LQ590 in Wiindows XP Pro ,there are no
    > custom paper size chosen in Dot Matrix Printer
    > It should have Auto, Tractor or Manual feed settings.
    > I have choose Auto and I need to type in the "dpi" value in paper size.
    > In winME and 98, there are customer paper size set in device setting .
    > But it does not find it in Win XP. How can be done in setting in Paper
    > size. Thank.
    >

    > --
    > lik_leungPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

    Click on Printers and Faxes from the Start button and open the page listing
    your printers. Highlight the Epson printer in question. Click on File >
    Server Properties. It will open and you will see a Forms tab which lists
    your preset paper sizes. Just below that you have a check box for "Create a
    new form." There you can create custom paper sizes until the cows come home.

    "lik_leung" <lik_leung.1sgffa@> wrote in message
    > I work with Epson LQ870 and LQ590 in Wiindows XP Pro and there are no
    > custom paper size chosen in Dot Matrix Printer. How can be done in
    > setting in Paper size. Thanks.
  5. go to control panel->printers and faxes->select the printer.
    Next, go to file->server properties.
    Define your paper size, margins etc
    click on save form
    click OK

    Your good to go... just go to the program you use e.g. quickbooks e.t.c and select the paper size you have just defined.
    Regards,
    thekenyan :bounce:
  6. Thanks! you saved my Friday nite!

    Anchorage Alaska
    Cold, and getting colder!
  7. Quote:
    go to control panel->printers and faxes->select the printer.
    Next, go to file->server properties.
    Define your paper size, margins etc
    click on save form
    click OK

    Your good to go... just go to the program you use e.g. quickbooks e.t.c and select the paper size you have just defined.
    Regards,
    thekenyan :bounce:

    Thanks!!!! Your instructions worked like a charm!! You are da MAN!
  8. This topic has been closed by Buwish

Windows XP Matrix Printers