Dot Matrix printer custom paper size in Wiindows XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,

I work with Epson LQ870 and LQ590 in Wiindows XP Pro and there are no
custom paper size chosen in Dot Matrix Printer. How can be done in
setting in Paper size. Thanks.

Alex

--
lik_leungPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Byte

Click Start>Control Panel>Printers and Faxes
Rightclick your printer>Properties
See if there is a "Device Settings" tab and click it.
It should have Auto, Tractor or Manual feed settings.
Click Auto's down arrow for paper size selections.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"lik_leung" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I work with Epson LQ870 and LQ590 in Wiindows XP Pro and there are no
> custom paper size chosen in Dot Matrix Printer. How can be done in
> setting in Paper size. Thanks.
>
> Alex
>

> --
> lik_leungPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

In Epson LQ870 and LQ590 in Wiindows XP Pro ,there are no
custom paper size chosen in Dot Matrix Printer
It should have Auto, Tractor or Manual feed settings.
I have choose Auto and I need to type in the "dpi" value in paper size.
In winME and 98, there are customer paper size set in device setting .
But it does not find it in Win XP. How can be done in setting in Paper
size. Thank.

--
lik_leungPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Byte

Go to the Epson website for updated drivers for the printers that are
compatible with WindowsXP, and download them.

EPSON America, Inc. - Technical Support - LQ-590
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Overview&oid=28742

EPSON America, Inc. - Technical Support - LQ-870
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Overview&oid=14251

--

"lik_leung" wrote:

> In Epson LQ870 and LQ590 in Wiindows XP Pro ,there are no
> custom paper size chosen in Dot Matrix Printer
> It should have Auto, Tractor or Manual feed settings.
> I have choose Auto and I need to type in the "dpi" value in paper size.
> In winME and 98, there are customer paper size set in device setting .
> But it does not find it in Win XP. How can be done in setting in Paper
> size. Thank.
>

> --
> lik_leungPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Click on Printers and Faxes from the Start button and open the page listing
your printers. Highlight the Epson printer in question. Click on File >
Server Properties. It will open and you will see a Forms tab which lists
your preset paper sizes. Just below that you have a check box for "Create a
new form." There you can create custom paper sizes until the cows come home.

"lik_leung" <lik_leung.1sgffa@> wrote in message
> I work with Epson LQ870 and LQ590 in Wiindows XP Pro and there are no
> custom paper size chosen in Dot Matrix Printer. How can be done in
> setting in Paper size. Thanks.

go to control panel->printers and faxes->select the printer.
Next, go to file->server properties.
Define your paper size, margins etc
click on save form
click OK

Your good to go... just go to the program you use e.g. quickbooks e.t.c and select the paper size you have just defined.
Regards,
thekenyan :bounce:

krazyeights

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
go to control panel->printers and faxes->select the printer.
Next, go to file->server properties.
Define your paper size, margins etc
click on save form
click OK

Your good to go... just go to the program you use e.g. quickbooks e.t.c and select the paper size you have just defined.
Regards,
thekenyan :bounce:

Thanks!!!! Your instructions worked like a charm!! You are da MAN!