Resident evil 6-What a letdown.

gamer2121

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
Hey guys, who else feels that Re6 was a big step in the wrong direction? It's a sad thing...Resident Evil 4, I believe, struck the perfect balance of horror and action(incredible game.) Instead of improving upon what they already had there
they just threw in an overwhelming amount of quicktime events,incompetent, a.i, and just made up way too actioney.

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
i really wasnt expecting too much. it looked bad and had frame issues from the first time i seen it and in previews they walked away unimpressed. ill get it eventually, maybe next summer when the game drought hits for less than 20. wont pay more than that

Adsuki

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011

Don't forget they might do a gold edition with all of the DLC's if they did it with Resident Evil. Now I'd wait until that comes out with a nice price drop. =)

BuddiLuva

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
Looks like a joke, the old school resi was the one for me with the fixed camera angles, that actually could be considered horror. It made me *** myself even with those bad graphics. Even resi 4 had a chance and still remained a little frightening even if less than the previous resis. However 5 was just a joke, 3rd person action game. And dont even get me started with RE 6. They have no right to even give it the Resident Evil name. What a disgrace

many people were disappointed with the new entry but personally i will play it and maybe just forget about it after that (just like RE5). my fav was RE3. play it again and again on hard difficulty and my hand still sweating on the controller whenever i met with nemesis :lol: with RE4 the horror part pretty much gone (no surprise moment at all like zombie suddenly jumping out from windows like RE3 except the one that suddenly coming out from the oven in the island level) but i like the gameplay a lot.

gamer2121

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
Know it's been a while since I added anything to this thread but here goes anyway: I thought it was maybe just my imagination or something but when I played through this game, besides all over emphasis on action and quick time events, I felt something off with the animation of the characters but just stopped thinking about it. I just saw a demo and the hd version of Revelations for all current systems and pc and it really reminded me how silky smooth the animations for Resident Evil 5 and even Re4 were in comparison! How could they downgrade the animations making them so......rubberbandy shall I say? Like they mo-capped Jim Carrey telling him to use inspiration from his Mask part 1 character lol. Those animations hurt my heart hahahaha