problems with printer spooler

July 20, 2005 2:41:08 PM

Hi all!

I have printed some strange cdr file, and the printer spooler have
gave an error, and proposed me to close it.
At each restart of the Windows XP, I have the same problem, thus being
in the imposibility to print anything.
All printers dissapeared, and cannot reinstall them.
Can someone help, in order to fix or reinstall only the print spooler?

Sincerely,

Adrian

--
tarniadi
Anonymous

What is the exact error message when you try to start the Print Spooler
(from the command prompt, type:

net start spooler

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"tarniadi" <tarniadi.1sh2ua@news.xpbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi all!
>
> I have printed some strange cdr file, and the printer spooler have
> gave an error, and proposed me to close it.
> At each restart of the Windows XP, I have the same problem, thus being
> in the imposibility to print anything.
> All printers dissapeared, and cannot reinstall them.
> Can someone help, in order to fix or reinstall only the print spooler?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Adrian
>

> --
> tarniadi
July 20, 2005 2:41:09 PM

Start Printer Spooler
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"tarniadi" wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have printed some strange cdr file, and the printer spooler have
> gave an error, and proposed me to close it.
> At each restart of the Windows XP, I have the same problem, thus being
> in the imposibility to print anything.
> All printers dissapeared, and cannot reinstall them.
> Can someone help, in order to fix or reinstall only the print spooler?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Adrian
>

> --
> tarniadi

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:38:50 AM

Before starting the spooler, delete the *.spl and *.shd files in
"%systemroot%\system32\spool\printers"-path. If they are in use,
set the printer-spooler-Service to manual starting and delete them after
rebooting.
The spooler want's to print all jobs after starting.

Dieter

!