An URGENT cant fax from XP Pro issue

I have XP Pro with Service Pack 2. I have just installed optional Fax
Service. I have
56k Ext US Robotics xx1663xx Sportster Flash Modem. When I try to Fax from
Word or Fax Console, Nothing happens! Nothing to Outbox. No Fax monitor
action whatsoever. As you hit SEND, the fax just goes. Nothing to trace, no
error messages, NOTHING

This is not a Modem v's XP Pro compatability issue as Carey Frisch [MVP]
suggest, as the modem works on other XP machines. I have also tried 2 other
modems on this XP PC but they do the exact same thing .... HIT SEND... no
action, not a flicker of activity. The modem is able to dial a network
internet connection though .... go figure. PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE !!!!!

Byte

As has been suggested in many other posts pertaining to Fax problems
using the Windows Fax app. For some reason or another it does NOT work
on all PC's depending on the BIOS settings on the motherboard. Find the
recipients email address and send the document as an attachment to an
email to solve this problem, at least for the moment for you seem very urgent
to send it.
Note: You could also Fax it thru a commercial faxing agency.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Wipika" wrote:

> I have XP Pro with Service Pack 2. I have just installed optional Fax
> Service. I have
> 56k Ext US Robotics xx1663xx Sportster Flash Modem. When I try to Fax from
> Word or Fax Console, Nothing happens! Nothing to Outbox. No Fax monitor
> action whatsoever. As you hit SEND, the fax just goes. Nothing to trace, no
> error messages, NOTHING
>
> This is not a Modem v's XP Pro compatability issue as Carey Frisch [MVP]
> suggest, as the modem works on other XP machines. I have also tried 2 other
> modems on this XP PC but they do the exact same thing .... HIT SEND... no
> action, not a flicker of activity. The modem is able to dial a network
> internet connection though .... go figure. PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE !!!!!

TRENDING THREADS