AC1 and/or AC2

Viper

I am currently on the AC1 plan with 900 min and I really do not travel
around to different states and what not, so I am wondering what is the
difference, advantage and disadvantage to switching to AC2? I know that on
AC2 there is no roaming. I am also wondering how many people have switched
to AC2 and if the coverage is better. I live south of Cincinnati Ohio and I
get a very good signal where ever I go. So I am just wondering if it is even
worth switching?

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Under AC-I there were certain areas where roaming charges applied (like out
in the boondocks of Arizona and Oregon to name a few). If you made or
received calls in those areas, a 69 cent per minute roaming charge applied.

Under AC-II, about half of those boondock areas are now part of your home
area, and there is no roaming charge for making or receiving calls there.
However, the other half of those boondock areas have now been designated "no
service", so you can't receive or make calls from those locations, even if
you are willing to pay a 69 cent per minute roaming fee.

Like you, I stick pretty close to home and rarely go through those boondock
areas. However, on the off chance that I may go there some day, I am
staying with AC-1, just to ensure I have service capabilities. When NSW
becomes AC-III at no extra charge, then I'll switch over. <G>

> Under AC-II, about half of those boondock areas are now part of your home
> area,

--> Just a quick correction. AC2 added no new coverage in the states of
Oregon and Washington. The reason AC2 is no roaming in these states is
because Verizon removed your ability to roam.

-Dan

--

Oregon and the Pacific Northwest

Another item as well once you go to AC2 you cannot return to AC1, and all
new customers are automatically on AC2 they don't have an AC1 option.