Epson Stylus Colour 600 - Will not print

Over the 4/5 years I have been using this printer I have had very few
problems.

Suddenly this problem has occurred:

I write a file in Word and then save it.
Before I print it I usually go into Print Preview just to check things out.
This time however it just showed me a blank box and the printer would not
print.
I went through Print Troubleshooter doing everything it said no less than 3
times without any success.
I switched off for the night and the next day things had corrected
themselves.
Everything was OK for a complete day and then the problem happened again -
blank preview and no printing.
This time switching off for 10 minutes and then back on had no effect.
I have been trying most of today to correct things without success.
I even emailed the file to a friend, the file arrived, his Print Preview was
blank and he also could not print it.
I then copied it onto a floppy, put the floppy in my friends PC - same
result as before, totally no joy!

Can anybody help me?
4 answers Last reply
More about epson stylus colour print

    Buy yourself a new, faster, more efficient printer..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

    "Mike Woolley" <mike.woolley@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Over the 4/5 years I have been using this printer I have had very few
    > problems.
    >
    > Suddenly this problem has occurred:
    >
    > I write a file in Word and then save it.
    > Before I print it I usually go into Print Preview just to check things
    > out.
    > This time however it just showed me a blank box and the printer would not
    > print.
    > I went through Print Troubleshooter doing everything it said no less than
    > 3 times without any success.
    > I switched off for the night and the next day things had corrected
    > themselves.
    > Everything was OK for a complete day and then the problem happened again -
    > blank preview and no printing.
    > This time switching off for 10 minutes and then back on had no effect.
    > I have been trying most of today to correct things without success.
    > I even emailed the file to a friend, the file arrived, his Print Preview
    > was blank and he also could not print it.
    > I then copied it onto a floppy, put the floppy in my friends PC - same
    > result as before, totally no joy!
    >
    > Can anybody help me?

    Will the printer self-test run? (Started from Start Printers and
    Faxes Highlight the printer in the list. Right mouse click.
    Properties Print test Page. This is an example. Exact details
    differ as between printer drivers.)

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    :
[...]

    Before buying a new printer, check the manufacturers website for updated
    drivers that are more compatible with WindowsXP. Even drivers for Windows 2K
    will quite often work. I have three printers installed and one is over ten
    years old and works fine. Also, try this:
    Uninstall & reinstall Printer
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "Mike Woolley" wrote:

    > Over the 4/5 years I have been using this printer I have had very few
    > problems.
    >
    > Suddenly this problem has occurred:
    >
    > I write a file in Word and then save it.
    > Before I print it I usually go into Print Preview just to check things out.
    > This time however it just showed me a blank box and the printer would not
    > print.
    > I went through Print Troubleshooter doing everything it said no less than 3
    > times without any success.
    > I switched off for the night and the next day things had corrected
    > themselves.
    > Everything was OK for a complete day and then the problem happened again -
    > blank preview and no printing.
    > This time switching off for 10 minutes and then back on had no effect.
    > I have been trying most of today to correct things without success.
    > I even emailed the file to a friend, the file arrived, his Print Preview was
    > blank and he also could not print it.
    > I then copied it onto a floppy, put the floppy in my friends PC - same
    > result as before, totally no joy!
    >
    > Can anybody help me?

    These is a good driver for this printer on the Windows XP distribution
    CD but Epson do not distribute one for either Windows 2000 or XP.

    I used one of these printers with XP until very recently with every
    satisfaction. The driver does not support the printer's maximum
    resolution; however, that was dot a difficulty for me. In my experience,
    when set to maximum resolution, the printer tended to over-ink the page.

    With Windows 98SE, on the rare occasions that I used the max resolution,
    I usually let the ink dry and then placed the page front down on a clean
    piece of paper and then ironed it flat. Very amusing, that.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : Before buying a new printer, check the manufacturers website for
    updated
    : drivers that are more compatible with WindowsXP. Even drivers for
    Windows 2K
    : will quite often work. I have three printers installed and one is
    over ten
    : years old and works fine. Also, try this:
    : Uninstall & reinstall Printer
    : http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
    : --
    : "Mike Woolley" wrote:
    :
    : > Over the 4/5 years I have been using this printer I have had very
    few
    : > problems.
    : >