Sign in with
Your question

Swiftech MCX-462-U fit on Dragon Plus???

Last response: in Overclocking
October 10, 2002 5:21:05 PM

I was wondering if the Swiftech MCX-462-U fits in the Dragon Plus, because I want to buy it but dont know if it will be blocked by some capacitor or something on the motherboard.
I want to get this Heatsink because my ThermalTake Volcano 6cu+ is too noisy and also my temps are 43C for the case and 52C for the Athlon XP 1700+ CPU under full load. My temps used to be lower before I removed the generic white paste and put Arctic Silver III. Isnt ASIII supposed to be better? Maybe its because my heatsink has a bunch of dents where the CPU die contacts it.

Signature X__________________________ <-- Sign here please.
October 11, 2002 12:21:25 AM

It should fit, although a tight fit at that. My Soyo board barely fit with an Ax7, which is roughly the same size. Arctic Silver III is a good several degrees over generic thermal paste, it's noticeable if you record the temps.

Soon enough, Intel will make the i845s...imagine dual channel Sdram...*shudder*
a c 239 K Overclocking
October 11, 2002 12:30:13 AM

I have a SOYO Dragon Plus with the Swiftech MCX 462 mounted on it, no problems at all, CPU temps are 39c under loads like video compiling. Ryan

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.
October 11, 2002 2:57:30 PM

if it dont fit you can always take a bench grinder to it :) 

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal
!