Sign in with
Your question

I need help with a Mid 1980's game

Last response: in Video Games
October 2, 2012 7:47:00 AM

i used to play this game in elementary school, i had to be between 1984-1989 and it was on a 5 1/2 inch or 5 1/4 inch floppy for IBM (i think it was ibm). it was a game where you have to go through this castle or tower, it was text + monochrome (green and black i think, not sure though) and you went through this building and if you entered the wrong rooms you would get stuff like "poison ivy" and die. i have been trying to remember and find the game for the past 20 years and i just cant remember it.

the controls were like "go left" "look at shelf" "open door" ....sigh at least i think. :fou:  :cry:  :cry:  :fou: 

More about : mid 1980 game

October 2, 2012 7:50:50 AM

the graphics were just like an outline of the room you were in and maybe an outline of the items that were in the room, but it didnt have anything good, not like kings quest and things like that.
m
l
October 2, 2012 7:54:35 AM

it may not have been monochrome green, but i am pretty sure it was. oh, and it wasnt movement like kings quest or black cauldron.
m
l
Related resources
October 2, 2012 8:06:28 AM

it could have been made before 1984...i just remember playing it when i was 6-7 so 1988-89.
m
l
October 2, 2012 8:18:10 AM

Adventure, Colossal Cave, Zork
m
l
October 2, 2012 8:50:18 AM

das_stig said:
Adventure, Colossal Cave, Zork

i know it isnt zork, i looked it up and started to play it. the adventure colossal cave reminded me of it...i am going to go try and find it.
m
l
October 2, 2012 8:52:10 AM

ok, that cant be it. this was more of a tower and i dont remember being outside in the game, i remember it starting inside either a castle, tower or mansion.
m
l
October 2, 2012 9:09:39 AM

maybe it can be, let me get to the tower and check things out.
m
l
October 2, 2012 9:35:11 AM

ok i played it, it is not the game. this game wasnt fully text based, it had some graphics, but monochrome if i remember correctly.
m
l
April 7, 2013 1:01:09 PM

The problem is that there were literally thousands of graphic text adventures made in the 80's.

Castle Adventure?
Sorcerer of Claymorgue Castle perhaps?

m
l
April 8, 2013 3:33:32 AM

ShadowEsper said:
i used to play this game in elementary school, i had to be between 1984-1989 and it was on a 5 1/2 inch or 5 1/4 inch floppy for IBM (i think it was ibm). it was a game where you have to go through this castle or tower, it was text + monochrome (green and black i think, not sure though) and you went through this building and if you entered the wrong rooms you would get stuff like "poison ivy" and die. i have been trying to remember and find the game for the past 20 years and i just cant remember it.

the controls were like "go left" "look at shelf" "open door" ....sigh at least i think. :fou:  :cry:  :cry:  :fou: 

kings quest maybe?
m
l
!