spooler wont stay loaded

I am not sure if this is the right site or not but my print spooler wont
stay loaded. Every time I want to print I must start or restart the print
spool service.

Thank you,

Steve Westwood

Byte

Uninstall & reinstall Printer
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Steve Westwood" wrote:

> I am not sure if this is the right site or not but my print spooler wont
> stay loaded. Every time I want to print I must start or restart the print
> spool service.
>

> Thank you,
>

> Steve Westwood

Navigate to Control Panel Administrative Tools Component Services
Services (Local). Check Print Spooler in the list and make sure its
startup is set to Auto. If it is not, change the setting.

Highlight the entry Right click Properties Startup type.

Let us know.

A system security message might pop up. If so, select "unblock" to allow
the applet to run.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Steve Westwood" <s-westwood@netcarrier.com> wrote in message
:I am not sure if this is the right site or not but my print spooler
wont
: stay loaded. Every time I want to print I must start or restart the
print
: spool service.
:
:
: Thank you,
:
:
:
: Steve Westwood
:
:

Hi Steve,

problems with printer drivers can result in a protection fault in
spoolsv.exe (which is the spooler-process).
I suppose it happens when printing some kind of document to a specific
printer.
Try to detect the driver and use an other one.

You can change entries in the service-details of the spooler service
("recovery?"), so it starts automaticly after being killed..
Set all three combo-boxes to "restart service" and the time for restarting
to 0 minutes.
You can test it with the taskmanager. When killing spoolsv.exe it will
restart immediately.

I'm sorry that i can't give you the exact descriptions, 'cause I use a
german windows-version.

Good luck

Dieter