Intel Intros 510 Series SSDs, Cranked to SATA 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
greg, re-install Win7, and make sure to use the newest Intel SSD toolbox, it made my Gen2 80GB feel new again. There is a new tune option as well, in the new version SSD toolbox. the 1st gen Toolbox too, seemed to degrade my drive over time.

G

I think the author was tired when he wrote this, he said, "Cranked to SATA 6" in the title, and, "that offers SATA 6.0 Gbps performance." in the story. This confused me as leaving out the Gbps in the title made me think they were already discussing SATA 6.0 instead of 3.0 which we are currently going to. Adding in the .0 in the story confused me because you dont say 6.0 Gbps, you just say 6 Gbps. It again made me think he was talking about a technology name instead of the throughput.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
@caeden: You're right! They're probably just sweeping that monster under the rug. Although, since it spins that quickly, that rug would catch fire before long.

wraith29a

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
For me, this looks like a rushed product. Either Intel has problems with the 25 nm technology, or the new Intel controller has some performance issues. Or both.

wraith29a

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
For me, this looks like a rushed product. Either Intel has problems with the 25 nm technology, or the new Intel controller has some performance issues. Or both.

zkevwlu

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]120GB at $284ZZZZZzzzzWake me up when it hits $100.[/citation]

Set your alarm clock to 10 years from now. Seriously, stop complaining about the price. Nobody cares that you can't afford a $300 SSD on a McDonalds salary. By the time a drive like this hit $100 there will be an even faster type of drive available for $2/GB and you're just gonna be bitching about that one. Do us all a favor and just STFU.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
SSD prices are actually increasing this year, and not decreasing. They will remain top dollar/GB throughout this decade, until a new storage medium is introduced by either Samsung, Seagate, or WD. They control what you buy and at what price.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]Dear Intel, FIX my SATA 3gb/s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! first.......[/citation]
dear greghome, why should we fix the ssd you have now...just buy the new and improved model...thank you for your business

AMD_pitbull

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]zkevwlu[/nom]Set your alarm clock to 10 years from now. Seriously, stop complaining about the price. Nobody cares that you can't afford a $300 SSD on a McDonalds salary. By the time a drive like this hit $100 there will be an even faster type of drive available for $2/GB and you're just gonna be bitching about that one. Do us all a favor and just STFU.[/citation]
People will always complain about pricing on things. Get used to it. Gonna have to tell a lot more people than just him to stfu if you want it to stop.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
First off these are SATA 3.0 = 6Gbps. It's because the writer can't get the terminology correct.
SATA 1.0 = 1.5Gbps
SATA 2.0 = 3Gbps
SATA 3.0 = 6Gbps

Status
Not open for further replies.