Water Cooling: Where to buy?

ARGON

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2002
I am in the process of building a new system and have become interested in the idea of water cooling (mainly wanting to get into OC'ing). So what does it take to set up a water cooling system? I have read a few articles on THG and went to www.sharkacorp.com, but all in all it looked like it was going to cost me around $300.

What should I buy and where should I buy? Is there anything that I can do myself? What are some reasonable prices? What sort of deviations in quality is there for water cooling?

Your advice is always appreciated.

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
What you'll have to buy is the water block. Any aquarium store will sell you a pump, or you can even get one used (200 gph is about the minimum rating). Ditto for the silicone tubes. The radiator (assuming your not using an evaporator/bong) is a bit more problematic, but you can recycle one from an air conditioner or an automotive heater core. A bong is even cheeper, as it is just a pipe with a few holes drilled in it and a showerhead at the top.

The last time a checked (about a year ago) I could build one for less than $200. It's still alot more than a HSF. A reservoir is just something to hold water. Tom used a coke bottle.

<A HREF="http://www.dangerden.com" target="_new">http://www.dangerden.com</A> sells some very good water blocks, and kist as well.

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
You can build a water cooler for close to $100.

The blocks all run about $40, the pump will run about $30, your radiator you can get from autozone for $15, and the tubing and silicone will run about $10.

But, yeah. A bong would drop the cost by about $50.

[Jedi mind trick] You LOVE Palladium. [/mind trick]

mrwhipper

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
Look at koolance.com They make a case just for water cooling. the case and silver CPU block will cost you between 250.00 and 300.00 US. I will be getting mine next week.. If you are interested in the results drop me an e-mail. Tomshardware has a review on this case. search koolance. If you look it up on Tom's it will be the second generation case. good luck.

Hang in there. It can only get better!