Printer setup in a Workgroup

I have 3 PC's set up in a home workgroup. On one I installed an hp 7130
all-in-one printer via USB port. The installation was successful and I could
print and use the other functions on the PC it was connected to.

I was expecting to have to add the printer to the other two PC's in the
workgroup manually. But when I logged on to each one, an icon showed up in
Printers and Faxes with the word "Auto" and the name of the printer on the
first PC. I was able to print without doing anything else.

In the past, I have had to install the printer manually so I'm not sure why
this happened. I want to make sure that they won't disappear as magically as
they appeared on the other 2 PC's.

Is this normal, or do I have some setting in place that I'm not aware of?

Thanks.

Forgot to indicate "Notify me..."

"kjfrey55" wrote:

> I have 3 PC's set up in a home workgroup. On one I installed an hp 7130
> all-in-one printer via USB port. The installation was successful and I could
> print and use the other functions on the PC it was connected to.
>
> I was expecting to have to add the printer to the other two PC's in the
> workgroup manually. But when I logged on to each one, an icon showed up in
> Printers and Faxes with the word "Auto" and the name of the printer on the
> first PC. I was able to print without doing anything else.
>
> In the past, I have had to install the printer manually so I'm not sure why
> this happened. I want to make sure that they won't disappear as magically as
> they appeared on the other 2 PC's.
>
> Is this normal, or do I have some setting in place that I'm not aware of?
>
> Thanks.

That's perfectly normal.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"kjfrey55" <kjfrey55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 3 PC's set up in a home workgroup. On one I installed an hp 7130
> all-in-one printer via USB port. The installation was successful and I
> could
> print and use the other functions on the PC it was connected to.
>
> I was expecting to have to add the printer to the other two PC's in the
> workgroup manually. But when I logged on to each one, an icon showed up
> in
> Printers and Faxes with the word "Auto" and the name of the printer on the
> first PC. I was able to print without doing anything else.
>
> In the past, I have had to install the printer manually so I'm not sure
> why
> this happened. I want to make sure that they won't disappear as magically
> as
> they appeared on the other 2 PC's.
>
> Is this normal, or do I have some setting in place that I'm not aware of?
>
> Thanks.

RESOLOVED.

Thank you.