No Phone Line

I recently moved and chose not to have a tradition phone line installed. We
use our cell phone exclusively. I was told by someone that with windows xp
sp2 you can still send a fax. I have searched but could not confirm this. I
am using a wireless system for both my desktop and my tablet pc, connected
with 80211.g to my router and dsl modem. I have already installed the "fax"
services from my windows xp cd. However it appears I need a virtual modem or
a fax server? I am at a loss. Can someone enlighten me? I would appreciate it
very much. Thank you - Ray

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

Faxing requires a hard wired telephone connection to the fax modem.
The only other alternative is to use an Internet based fax service. See
http://www.savetz.com/fax/ for more info.