Virtual Memeory is too low

I have a Windows XP Pro Service pack 2 workstation that is receiving a
message that the virtual memory is to low. I have 512 MB of RAM and 37 GB of
free HD and a 2.0 AMD processor. This message only occurs after trying to
print to a Xerox plotter printer for blue prints. The Spoolsv.exe shows a
lot of memory usage after the print job has spooled and printed. After a few
print jobs, the virtual memory too low message appears. When I look at the
task manager it shows the PF to be in excess of 750 MB. The blue-prints are
in .pdf format, by the way. I can go the processes menu in task manager and
terminate the spoolsv.exe and the PF drops back down to approx 100 MB and I
can print again. Otherwise I have to keep re-booting to clear the memory
usage. Has anyone else seen a problem similar to this?
2 answers Last reply
More about virtual memeory

    Check for updated drivers for the printer from the Xerox website.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "CombatDave" <CombatDave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Windows XP Pro Service pack 2 workstation that is receiving a
    > message that the virtual memory is to low. I have 512 MB of RAM and 37 GB
    > of
    > free HD and a 2.0 AMD processor. This message only occurs after trying to
    > print to a Xerox plotter printer for blue prints. The Spoolsv.exe shows a
    > lot of memory usage after the print job has spooled and printed. After a
    > few
    > print jobs, the virtual memory too low message appears. When I look at
    > the
    > task manager it shows the PF to be in excess of 750 MB. The blue-prints
    > are
    > in .pdf format, by the way. I can go the processes menu in task manager
    > and
    > terminate the spoolsv.exe and the PF drops back down to approx 100 MB and
    > can print again. Otherwise I have to keep re-booting to clear the memory
    > usage. Has anyone else seen a problem similar to this?

    Thank you! I will do so.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Check for updated drivers for the printer from the Xerox website.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "CombatDave" <CombatDave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a Windows XP Pro Service pack 2 workstation that is receiving a
    > > message that the virtual memory is to low. I have 512 MB of RAM and 37 GB
    > > of
    > > free HD and a 2.0 AMD processor. This message only occurs after trying to
    > > print to a Xerox plotter printer for blue prints. The Spoolsv.exe shows a
    > > lot of memory usage after the print job has spooled and printed. After a
    > > few
    > > print jobs, the virtual memory too low message appears. When I look at
    > > the
    > > task manager it shows the PF to be in excess of 750 MB. The blue-prints
    > > are
    > > in .pdf format, by the way. I can go the processes menu in task manager
    > > and
    > > terminate the spoolsv.exe and the PF drops back down to approx 100 MB and
    > > can print again. Otherwise I have to keep re-booting to clear the memory
    > > usage. Has anyone else seen a problem similar to this?

Windows XP