Virtual Memeory is too low

I have a Windows XP Pro Service pack 2 workstation that is receiving a
message that the virtual memory is to low. I have 512 MB of RAM and 37 GB of
free HD and a 2.0 AMD processor. This message only occurs after trying to
print to a Xerox plotter printer for blue prints. The Spoolsv.exe shows a
lot of memory usage after the print job has spooled and printed. After a few
print jobs, the virtual memory too low message appears. When I look at the
task manager it shows the PF to be in excess of 750 MB. The blue-prints are
in .pdf format, by the way. I can go the processes menu in task manager and
terminate the spoolsv.exe and the PF drops back down to approx 100 MB and I
can print again. Otherwise I have to keep re-booting to clear the memory
usage. Has anyone else seen a problem similar to this?

Check for updated drivers for the printer from the Xerox website.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"CombatDave" <CombatDave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Windows XP Pro Service pack 2 workstation that is receiving a
> message that the virtual memory is to low. I have 512 MB of RAM and 37 GB
> of
> free HD and a 2.0 AMD processor. This message only occurs after trying to
> print to a Xerox plotter printer for blue prints. The Spoolsv.exe shows a
> lot of memory usage after the print job has spooled and printed. After a
> few
> print jobs, the virtual memory too low message appears. When I look at
> the
> task manager it shows the PF to be in excess of 750 MB. The blue-prints
> are
> in .pdf format, by the way. I can go the processes menu in task manager
> and
> terminate the spoolsv.exe and the PF drops back down to approx 100 MB and
> can print again. Otherwise I have to keep re-booting to clear the memory
> usage. Has anyone else seen a problem similar to this?

Thank you! I will do so.