SL75DRV5 overheating

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
I have an SL75DRV5 with an XP1900. i had the problem that my board was overheating to temperatures over 50C so what i did was i attached two 12mm fans to my case and found that they made absolutely no difference and that my processor was reaching temperatures of 40 and my board was still 50+. i have a fan for processors up to 2200 (don't ask me brand). do i have a serious problem because i just can't overclock my board and processor over speeds of (believe it or not!) 135/136Mhz which i find rather incrediibly ridiculous. and if i have a problem what can i do about it as i love my board, vid card and case. i am intending to replace my processor, vid card and mem over time but not just yet.
i am just worried that my board is getting too hot no matter what i do and that i am doing something extremey wrong here...

svol

Champion
Strange... which app where you using to see the temps, as those high case temps seem to be very strange with such cooling?

*Advertisement*
<b><A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/dbz/dewrede/enterstrips.html" target="_new">Geert's Comics</A></b>

heero

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002
Hey dude are those temps from the ABSII sensor?

That temp is from inside the cpu and is up to 20 degrees celcius higher than the board temp (which is coming from a sensor directly under the CPU, this is what the other motherboard manufacture uses as their cpu temperature, Soltek is different)

I have the same board with an xp1800 my cpu is at 56 and my board is at 45

if you want a temp for the air inside your case connect the included temp probe. I think soltek is a bit catious, this probe says that the air in my room is 35 but it is more like 27 degrees... Don't worry about those temps, they seem normal for that board (I was worried at first too)