Old printer - New Computer

I have a perfectly good HP 710C Inkjet which I would like to connect to new
PC with Windows XP Home. When using the Installation Wizard it says it must
have a "digital signature" from Windows. Previously used in Windows 98.
Can I get this signature?

Hi Big Barry,
I am not sure if it is a DeskJet 710C but I think it is and then there are
no drivers to download from HPs homepage, but
it is included in Windows XP (I have pro but it should be the same on home
ed. I think) and when I try to install it it says that
its digitally signed.

You can run a printer driver without that signature so even if your printer
driver is reporting that you need that signature just ignore it,
but probably if you look in the list of drivers drivers during the add
printer wizard, select HP in the manufacturer list and scroll down to HP
DeskJet 710C and that should be digitally signed.

Good luck

/ Mikael

"Big Barry" <bking(removethis)@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
>I have a perfectly good HP 710C Inkjet which I would like to connect to new
> PC with Windows XP Home. When using the Installation Wizard it says it
> must
> have a "digital signature" from Windows. Previously used in Windows 98.
> Can I get this signature?

Hi Big Barry,
strange I replied on your message and saw it in the group but then it just
disappeared so I try again.

I am not sure if it is a DeskJet 710C but I think it is and then there are
no drivers to download from HPs homepage, but
it is included in Windows XP (I have pro but it should be the same on home
ed. I think) and when I try to install it it says that
its digitally signed.

You can run a printer driver without that signature so even if your printer
driver is reporting that you need that signature just ignore it,
but probably if you look in the list of drivers drivers during the add
printer wizard, select HP in the manufacturer list and scroll down to HP
DeskJet 710C and that should be digitally signed.

Good luck

/ Mikael
"Big Barry" <bking(removethis)@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
>I have a perfectly good HP 710C Inkjet which I would like to connect to new
> PC with Windows XP Home. When using the Installation Wizard it says it
> must
> have a "digital signature" from Windows. Previously used in Windows 98.
> Can I get this signature?

Thank you, Mikael,
After digging deeper into "Help and Support" I found everything to fix it
and it is now running well.