questions on Compaq Presario 1725S monitor features

I got a Compaq Presario 1725S monitor from somewhere with no manual. It
seems to have a built-in microphone. And there is also a control knob for
sound.

What I don't understand is why the monitor cable has no extra cord attached
to it that would be for the microphone usage.
Also there is a hole in the topside as well as front of monitor. Are both
holes directly related to the microphone? Which one is the mic or are both
holes leading to the same mic?

How does the sound knob work? Does it directly work with the volume control
in Windows? Is this sound knob only good with a Compaq computer or will it
work with any computer? How does it control sound without another special
cord that would be part of the monitor cable?

Anyone out there have this monitor or one like it that knows about this
stuff?
1 answer Last reply
More about questions compaq presario 1725s monitor features

    The mic copnnection requires a separate cable with 1/8" miniplugs at each
    end. It plugs into a jack on the back of the monitor and the other end to
    the mic input on your PC. The volume control is digital and works only with
    certain compaq PCs/speakers.

    HH

    "AA" <donotemailme@noemail.com> wrote in message
    >I got a Compaq Presario 1725S monitor from somewhere with no manual. It
    > seems to have a built-in microphone. And there is also a control knob for
    > sound.
    >
    > What I don't understand is why the monitor cable has no extra cord
    > attached
    > to it that would be for the microphone usage.
    > Also there is a hole in the topside as well as front of monitor. Are both
    > holes directly related to the microphone? Which one is the mic or are both
    > holes leading to the same mic?
    >
    > How does the sound knob work? Does it directly work with the volume
    > control
    > in Windows? Is this sound knob only good with a Compaq computer or will it
    > work with any computer? How does it control sound without another special
    > cord that would be part of the monitor cable?
    >
    > Anyone out there have this monitor or one like it that knows about this
    > stuff?

Compaq Microphone Presario Monitors Computers