Mystery Picture in Windows Picture & Fax Viewer

Hello,
I have a mystery picture that keeps showing up in my Windows Picture and
Fax Viewer. I cannot delete the picture and I can't seem to find it on the
harddrive when I do a search for picture files. I usually get an attachment
in outlook 2003 and then double click on it and it opens the Printing and
Faxing Viewer. Is there a different location other than the my picture
folders that this mystery picture might be hiding or is there a location that
the Printing and Faxing Viewer stores files?
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about mystery picture windows picture viewer

    What is the file name & extention for the mystery picture?
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    The Photos you are seeing are all in the same folder, the Outlook Secure
    Temporary File folder, and need to be deleted from that folder. When you
    open file attachments that are considered safe, Outlook 2003, as an extra
    precaution, places these attachments in a subdirectory under the your
    Temporary Internet Files directory. The name of the new subdirectory is
    unknown, is randomly generated, and takes on the following form.

    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files\OLKxxx

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817878
    Attachments remain in the Outlook Secure Temporary File folder when you exit
    Outlook 2003

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "kb_63" <kb63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I have a mystery picture that keeps showing up in my Windows Picture and
    > Fax Viewer. I cannot delete the picture and I can't seem to find it on
    the
    > harddrive when I do a search for picture files. I usually get an
    attachment
    > in outlook 2003 and then double click on it and it opens the Printing and
    > Faxing Viewer. Is there a different location other than the my picture
    > folders that this mystery picture might be hiding or is there a location
    that
    > the Printing and Faxing Viewer stores files?
    > Thanks

Fax Microsoft Windows XP