Cannot find shared printer name

July 25, 2005 9:04:01 PM

I have two XP computers, each with a printer. A wanted to network each
printer with the other computer. One computer is shared fine the other
printer. The other computer cannot find the shared printer name when
browsing for a printer. What's up with that?
--
Steve

More about : find shared printer

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 12:38:18 AM

Did you actually share the second printer? Can each PC see the files and
folders of the other PC?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"AtlantaSteve" <AtlantaSteve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two XP computers, each with a printer. A wanted to network each
> printer with the other computer. One computer is shared fine the other
> printer. The other computer cannot find the shared printer name when
> browsing for a printer. What's up with that?
> --
> Steve
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 3:45:29 AM

Please check
as a first step. Let us know how it goes after that.

Also, consider posting the question to the XP networking news group.
microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web

Links to the NNTP server-

This newsgroup:

NEWS://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax

XP networking:

NEWS://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web

Tom

MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"AtlantaSteve" <AtlantaSteve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:I have two XP computers, each with a printer. A wanted to network each
: printer with the other computer. One computer is shared fine the
other
: printer. The other computer cannot find the shared printer name when
: browsing for a printer. What's up with that?
: --
: Steve
!