Cannot find shared printer name

I have two XP computers, each with a printer. A wanted to network each
printer with the other computer. One computer is shared fine the other
printer. The other computer cannot find the shared printer name when
browsing for a printer. What's up with that?
--
Steve
2 answers Last reply

    Did you actually share the second printer? Can each PC see the files and
    folders of the other PC?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "AtlantaSteve" <AtlantaSteve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have two XP computers, each with a printer. A wanted to network each
    > printer with the other computer. One computer is shared fine the other
    > printer. The other computer cannot find the shared printer name when
    > browsing for a printer. What's up with that?
    > --
    > Steve

    Please check
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/print_choosing_a_printer_name.mspx
    as a first step. Let us know how it goes after that.

    Also, consider posting the question to the XP networking news group.
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web

    Links to the NNTP server-

    This newsgroup:

    NEWS://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax

    XP networking:

    NEWS://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web

    Tom

    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "AtlantaSteve" <AtlantaSteve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    :I have two XP computers, each with a printer. A wanted to network each
    : printer with the other computer. One computer is shared fine the
    other
    : printer. The other computer cannot find the shared printer name when
    : browsing for a printer. What's up with that?
    : --
    : Steve

Computers Shared Printer Printers Windows XP