how to stop Network printer message

Jim

Hello,

I have a network with other computers in my office, at least one of which
also shares my login name to the network. I have to print a lot of stuff
and do not want the printer(spooler) message baloon every time I print
something. It appears that I also see when other people print too
(possibly only the one who shares my login).

I tried to get my answer by looking at print spooler questions, but there
are so many that I could not find my needle in that haystack.
Unfortunately, I(we) need to keep the same login to the network so that we
can acces a seperate network when needed.

I run Win XP pro as do the majority of the computers in the office. The
other guy have 2000. The printer is an HP laserjet 4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

"Jim" <jimoc@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a network with other computers in my office, at least one of which
> also shares my login name to the network. I have to print a lot of stuff
> and do not want the printer(spooler) message baloon every time I print
> something. It appears that I also see when other people print too
> (possibly only the one who shares my login).
>
> I tried to get my answer by looking at print spooler questions, but there
> are so many that I could not find my needle in that haystack.
> Unfortunately, I(we) need to keep the same login to the network so that we
> can acces a seperate network when needed.
>

> I run Win XP pro as do the majority of the computers in the office. The
> other guy have 2000. The printer is an HP laserjet 4.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Jim

How about Printers and Faxes > file > Server Properties > Advanced > Uncheck
Show informational notifications for network printers.

Hope this helps.

Dick Kistler