Xbox 360 emulators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

computernewb

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
hi. does anyone know if there are working xbox 360 emulators? ive seen some youtube videos but not sure. Other have warned to stay away from xbox360 emulators because they are all viruses. has anyone ever used one successfully?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
thanks!

Nope. Not even an Xbox emulator yet, because no one wants to deal with the lawsuits that would follow.

Granted, the Supreme Court already has ruled on this issue (backing up BIOS from a console is legal, etc), but still, the legal costs even in a winning case...

Kamen_BG

Distinguished
Well even if it did exist (it doesnt really) it would require an amazingly powerfull computer.If i remember correctly, computers need to be at least six times more powerfull than a console to emulate it.And currently there are very few computers with processors three six times more powerfull than the one in the Xbox 360.

Six times is kind of a rough figure. The closer the architecture is to the one you are trying to emulate on, the easier it is to accomplish. I'd suspect we'll never see a PS3 emulator on X86 for that reason, because it will be near impossible to handle the communication between the PS3's SPE's (which is entirely DMA based) at acceptable performance levels.

cursedhydra

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
They do not exist and they cannot exist. The hardware required to emulate it (in software) just does not exist. It doesn't matter if you have a quad-core, hex-core, or even 12 cores, that's NOT enough to emulate Xbox 360. The hardware isn't well documented enough to get any real results. There's enough to emulate simple homebrew and some basic hardware features, but not enough to emulate a commercial game such as Halo 3. The majority of experienced Emu authors want nothing to do with it.

id suggest you download it yourself from your own link. then come back and tell us the results...
but let me save the guys here the wait.
i downloaded it from the link. fine it opend up in rar. i launched it and it tells me theres an update. so i click yes. suprise suprise it takes me to a survey site... next i run it again and when it says an update is available do you want it. i click no and OH! it just closed the emulator...
my guess is its malware disguised as an app.
also read toms t'n'c dont post links to illegal software, malware or viruses. my guess is its all 3.

end result the emulator doesnt work... the guy may well have an emulator working but you will need a bios and if you dont own a 360 then that is copyright infringement and illegal.

brycegrit

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013

There's no emulator out for xbox there was a couple test ones but thoses are horid and not playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.