Fax Console Settings?

Would really appreciate some advice on how to correctly configure fax console
settings.

Attempts to send faxes from computer or Dell A940 printer appear to proceed
as normal up to the point of dialing, but call is never successful. I am
consistently getting the "failed fax" pop up.

Same thing with receiving. Monitor pops up, shows dialing progress but does
not answer call and the "failed fax" pops up again.

Ran trouble shoot on modem and it came back OK.

Thanks,
2 answers Last reply
More about console settings

    Assuming you have Windows XP and a supported analog fax modem and analog
    phone line, the following may be of use:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306550
    HOW TO: Enable and Configure the Fax Service in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306657
    HOW TO: Send a Fax in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306661
    HOW TO: Fax a Document from a Windows Program in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306662
    HOW TO: Receive a Fax in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306663
    HOW TO: Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
    Windows XP Fax

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Emily" <Emily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Would really appreciate some advice on how to correctly configure fax
    > console
    > settings.
    >
    > Attempts to send faxes from computer or Dell A940 printer appear to
    > proceed
    > as normal up to the point of dialing, but call is never successful. I am
    > consistently getting the "failed fax" pop up.
    >
    > Same thing with receiving. Monitor pops up, shows dialing progress but
    > does
    > not answer call and the "failed fax" pops up again.
    >
    > Ran trouble shoot on modem and it came back OK.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Mr. Valentine, Thank you for responding.

    You are correct on the XP w/srv pack 2. MY modem is a Connexant D850 56K
    v.9x DFVc installed on Dell Dimension 2400.

    After reviewing the help files I am still unable to locate the problem.

    These are my settings:

    fax config wizard:

    full name - Brodoski
    fax# -788-3219
    select device - conexant
    send enabled
    receive enabled
    auto answer after 10 rings
    tsid - 788-3219 Brodoski
    csid - 788-3219 Brodoski
    routing options - print to Dell A940

    send fax wizard:
    to - recipient name
    location - U.S.
    dialing rules - new location (default) = U.S. , area code 208

    this is a stand alone pc
    no other dialing rules apply

    I'm using a splitter on my phone line=line to phone & line into computer

    still getting failed fax messages.

    Hope you can help!
    Thanks, Sher

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

    > Assuming you have Windows XP and a supported analog fax modem and analog
    > phone line, the following may be of use:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306550
    > HOW TO: Enable and Configure the Fax Service in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306657
    > HOW TO: Send a Fax in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306661
    > HOW TO: Fax a Document from a Windows Program in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306662
    > HOW TO: Receive a Fax in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306663
    > HOW TO: Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
    > http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
    > Windows XP Fax
    >

    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Emily" <Emily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Would really appreciate some advice on how to correctly configure fax
    > > console
    > > settings.
    > >
    > > Attempts to send faxes from computer or Dell A940 printer appear to
    > > proceed
    > > as normal up to the point of dialing, but call is never successful. I am
    > > consistently getting the "failed fax" pop up.
    > >
    > > Same thing with receiving. Monitor pops up, shows dialing progress but
    > > does
    > > not answer call and the "failed fax" pops up again.
    > >
    > > Ran trouble shoot on modem and it came back OK.
    > >
    > > Thanks,

Fax Consoles Windows XP