Fax Console Settings?

July 26, 2005 5:19:09 PM

Would really appreciate some advice on how to correctly configure fax console
settings.

Attempts to send faxes from computer or Dell A940 printer appear to proceed
as normal up to the point of dialing, but call is never successful. I am
consistently getting the "failed fax" pop up.

Same thing with receiving. Monitor pops up, shows dialing progress but does
not answer call and the "failed fax" pops up again.

Ran trouble shoot on modem and it came back OK.

Thanks,

More about : fax console settings

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 12:47:47 AM

Assuming you have Windows XP and a supported analog fax modem and analog
phone line, the following may be of use:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306550
HOW TO: Enable and Configure the Fax Service in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306657
HOW TO: Send a Fax in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306661
HOW TO: Fax a Document from a Windows Program in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306662
HOW TO: Receive a Fax in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306663
HOW TO: Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
Windows XP Fax

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Emily" <Emily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Would really appreciate some advice on how to correctly configure fax
> console
> settings.
>
> Attempts to send faxes from computer or Dell A940 printer appear to
> proceed
> as normal up to the point of dialing, but call is never successful. I am
> consistently getting the "failed fax" pop up.
>
> Same thing with receiving. Monitor pops up, shows dialing progress but
> does
> not answer call and the "failed fax" pops up again.
>
> Ran trouble shoot on modem and it came back OK.
>
> Thanks,

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 11:14:02 AM

Mr. Valentine, Thank you for responding.

You are correct on the XP w/srv pack 2. MY modem is a Connexant D850 56K
v.9x DFVc installed on Dell Dimension 2400.

After reviewing the help files I am still unable to locate the problem.

These are my settings:

fax config wizard:

full name - Brodoski
fax# -788-3219
select device - conexant
send enabled
receive enabled
auto answer after 10 rings
tsid - 788-3219 Brodoski
csid - 788-3219 Brodoski
routing options - print to Dell A940

send fax wizard:
to - recipient name
location - U.S.
dialing rules - new location (default) = U.S. , area code 208

this is a stand alone pc
no other dialing rules apply

I'm using a splitter on my phone line=line to phone & line into computer

still getting failed fax messages.

Hope you can help!
Thanks, Sher

!