Sign in with
Your question

Quick question about parts of my computer and gaming

Last response: in Video Games
October 4, 2012 7:06:25 AM

Okay I just want to know if with these parts would I be able to play most modern games at mid/high settings.

GPU: AMD radeon 6670 1gig
Processor: AMD Phenom Quad Core 9500 2.2ghz
Ram: 6 Gigs of ram.
October 4, 2012 8:21:52 AM

It does depend on the game and what you call modern. Generally speaking I would say you would be lucky to get 'medium'. Your graphics card will probably meet the minimum spec to play most games but that only means 'low' settings.
m
l
October 4, 2012 10:07:11 AM

noise said:
It does depend on the game and what you call modern. Generally speaking I would say you would be lucky to get 'medium'. Your graphics card will probably meet the minimum spec to play most games but that only means 'low' settings.

+1
m
l
Related resources
a b À AMD
October 4, 2012 10:43:44 AM

+1 again you will be looking at low-med settings on modern games
m
l
a b À AMD
October 4, 2012 11:42:38 AM

that cpu is pretty weak as far as gaming goes. but it can be over clocked if i remember rite. im sure a mate had his up to 2.8 with a 9500a led zalman cooler. his max temp was 56'c ish on a warm day. you really do need to get up to a minimum 2.6 for an amd cpu to be comparable to an intel socket 775 cpu at 2.4 which is the recommended minimum gaming speed cpu basline.

the gpu is dx11 compatable but doesnt have the raw grunt to run dx11 games.
basically if you cant get 30 fps minimum on crysis your card doesnt have enough grunt to run a dx11 based game. it will play games that has dx11 on as an after thought like dirt 3 or stalker C.O.P. but bf3 frostbite engine will crumple your card..
m
l
a b À AMD
October 4, 2012 12:30:31 PM

I honestly hate to be the one to have to say it but the answer is no bud maybe if your gaming on a really low resolution.For example, lower 1920x1200 but even then i don't think you be playing games on ultra or high settings
m
l
a b À AMD
October 4, 2012 12:31:02 PM

HEXiT said:
that cpu is pretty weak as far as gaming goes. but it can be over clocked if i remember rite. im sure a mate had his up to 2.8 with a 9500a led zalman cooler. his max temp was 56'c ish on a warm day. you really do need to get up to a minimum 2.6 for an amd cpu to be comparable to an intel socket 775 cpu at 2.4 which is the recommended minimum gaming speed cpu basline.

the gpu is dx11 compatable but doesnt have the raw grunt to run dx11 games.
basically if you cant get 30 fps minimum on crysis your card doesnt have enough grunt to run a dx11 based game. it will play games that has dx11 on as an after thought like dirt 3 or stalker C.O.P. but bf3 frostbite engine will crumple your card..
+1
m
l
a b À AMD
October 4, 2012 12:51:54 PM

Well... if i compare this to my PC you'll get 50% of my FPS which means... yes Low-Medium on most games.
m
l
!