Linksys Wifi/Switch/Router has no firewall?

I was hoping you could control outgoing ports on a Linksys router, i.e limit
outgoing to ports 80, 443, 21. But it seems none of their products do this.

Who makes a WiFi/switch(hub)/router for DSL that has a real firewall?
Should be not much over $100, $200 at the most.

In article <109ijns80othd1b@news.supernews.com>,
nguser2u@no.spam.AOL.com says...
> I was hoping you could control outgoing ports on a Linksys router, i.e limit
> outgoing to ports 80, 443, 21. But it seems none of their products do this.
>
> Who makes a WiFi/switch(hub)/router for DSL that has a real firewall?
> Should be not much over $100, $200 at the most.

Sure they do, it's the private port range in one of the tabs.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

"Leythos" <void@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> In article <109ijns80othd1b@news.supernews.com>,
> nguser2u@no.spam.AOL.com says...
> > I was hoping you could control outgoing ports on a Linksys router, i.e
limit
> > outgoing to ports 80, 443, 21. But it seems none of their products do
this.

> > Who makes a WiFi/switch(hub)/router for DSL that has a real firewall?
> > Should be not much over $100, $200 at the most.
>
> Sure they do, it's the private port range in one of the tabs.

> spamfree999@rrohio.com
> (Remove 999 to reply to me)

On the security tab, under firewall, there is only 'Firewall Protection,
enable/disable.

The only thing about 'port range' is for port forwarding under 'Applications
and Gaming'.

"admin too" <nguser2u@no.spam.AOL.com> wrote in

> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> In article <109ijns80othd1b@news.supernews.com>,
>> nguser2u@no.spam.AOL.com says...
>> > I was hoping you could control outgoing ports on a Linksys router,
>> > i.e
> limit
>> > outgoing to ports 80, 443, 21. But it seems none of their products
>> > do
> this.
>> >
>> > Who makes a WiFi/switch(hub)/router for DSL that has a real
>> > firewall? Should be not much over $100, $200 at the most.
>>
>> Sure they do, it's the private port range in one of the tabs.
>>
>> --
>> --
>> spamfree999@rrohio.com
>> (Remove 999 to reply to me)
>
> On the security tab, under firewall, there is only 'Firewall
> Protection, enable/disable.
>
> The only thing about 'port range' is for port forwarding under
> 'Applications and Gaming'.

No Linkysys wireless B series has a FW. I don't know about the G series,
but it most likely doesn't have a FW either.

Duane :)

TRENDING THREADS