Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Leaked Portal 2 Achievements Hint to HL2: E3

Tags:
Last response: in News comments
Share
March 1, 2011 4:52:28 PM

I creamed
Score
0
March 1, 2011 5:18:58 PM

I know that 99% there won't be any chance of HL2 E3 having anything to do with this, but boy i'm wetting my pants at the thought of the 1% hope
Score
0
March 1, 2011 5:19:12 PM

i hope it isnt hl2:e3 but hl3
Score
0
March 1, 2011 5:24:25 PM

I know that there is a 99% chance that HL2 EP3 may not have anything to do with this, but boy am I wetting my pants at the thought of that 1% hope ...
Score
0
March 1, 2011 6:07:58 PM

you won't fool me gabe, I don't care for episode 3 anymore.. if you release it soon, we'll play. Else, half-life series will be a fail against all those new titles
Score
0
March 1, 2011 6:22:51 PM

Oh my god! Portal 2 is Episode e!
Score
0
March 1, 2011 6:29:27 PM

portal gun in halflife 3 please
Score
0
March 1, 2011 6:48:58 PM

I will wait and see when it comes out. Rumours are just rumours.
Score
0
March 1, 2011 7:11:08 PM

Everytime someone calls Gabe Newell fat, Episode 3 is delayed another month.
Score
1
March 1, 2011 7:20:40 PM

Valve is mission on my precious dollars. They should try to create more story based iterations under the same graphic engines and the same themes (like a tv series) while their developers work on a better platform with more original game ideas (like the ones introduced in Portal 2). This way they can release SOMETHING every two years like the movie studios do. Releasing something every 5 years stresses the fan base support, and its appeal could even disappear as the fan base gets older and newer generations of gamers get into other things.
Score
0
March 1, 2011 7:20:43 PM

awesome!
Score
0
March 1, 2011 7:57:44 PM

Oh No !!!

Quote > "Although the wait hasn't reached Duke Nukem Forever standards..."

Yet....
Score
0
March 1, 2011 8:00:23 PM

Oh No!

Quote > "Although the wait hasn't reached Duke Nukem Forever standards"

Yet !

Give it another decade
Score
0
March 1, 2011 8:02:07 PM

I hope it has some info about EP3!
Score
0
March 1, 2011 10:10:26 PM

I want Half-Life 3, not HL2 Ep 3... :( 
Score
0
March 1, 2011 10:20:32 PM

Hurry up Valve, do it for your buddy. :D 
Score
0
March 1, 2011 10:39:56 PM

I wish. It is way too long between episodes. Just imagine Half-Life 3 if it ever get out!?
Score
0
March 1, 2011 10:40:39 PM

Can't add comment test 123
Score
0
March 1, 2011 11:44:09 PM

VALVE has said that Portal 2 will not rely on the Half Life universe to exist and will not be completley tied in. But that by no means says that they wont drop subtle hints at Black mesa or HL2.

Knowing them, we will probably learn more about the Borealis here and hopefully HL2:EP3 will be the next big thing from VALVe. Mybe they delayed it to enhance the engine with DX11 and SM5.0 support....
Score
0
March 2, 2011 12:08:39 AM

why am i not surprised?
Score
0
March 2, 2011 12:56:36 AM

I am glad TV show episodes don't take this long to come out, obviously they don't care, and frankly neither do I.
Score
0
March 2, 2011 2:10:52 AM

Ha! I predicted a tie-in from Portal to HL a year ago on this very site. Of course they are going to do this.
Score
0
March 2, 2011 4:17:09 AM

Imagine if valve actually winds the two games together.. so you'd have half-life and portal's storylines gradually becoming intertwined... that'd be interesting..
Score
0
March 2, 2011 7:44:16 AM

weeeeee waaaaaaaant episode3!!! don't torture us any longer Valve!!!!
Score
0
Anonymous
March 2, 2011 8:31:04 AM

Ive been waiting for what seems forever for this game! I love the half life series, and when you've beaten hlfe2 at the end it still makes you wonder. Come on Valve give us our crack already!
Score
0
March 2, 2011 12:31:55 PM

I don't know why people bother claiming they want HL3 instead of HL2:EP3. It's really all the same thing. New engine you say? They can use a different engine for an episode if they want to, even if it's not a "full" title. All episodes are standalone anyway. The important thing is the storyline, and it's gonna be the same regardless of the number you put at the end. It could be HL1:EP14 for all I care.

But dammit, release it already!! I crave for Mr. Freeman's adventures!
Score
0
Anonymous
April 23, 2011 5:26:39 AM

They should combine portal and hl3 more than the subtle connection they have now, as in chell and gordon meet (they sound like a cute couple, lol). that would be epic.
Score
0
!