Skyrim flickering

andyvet32

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
I have uninstalled and loaded Skyrim from Steam twice and am getting flickering and weird physics with carts flipping and my horse walking backwards in the game opening. Any ideas on what is going on? This is the first game I've played on my PC with this level of graphics... Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 run fine. I have a Hd 7950 gpu... Thanks. :D

andyvet32

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

I have water flashing and the screen has a checkerboard look to it... is there a Catalyst Control Center change I can make?

mrjerryk

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I am having the same issues with my Skyrim install. Also when I am riding my horse up a hill side it gets stuck in the air. Water is also affected by this bug.

System specs:

Intel i7 2600k
16 GB DDR3 1333 memory
Crucial M4 128 SSD
Corsair AX850 PSU
2x XFX 7950 Core Edition running in crossfire
3 1920x1080 Acer 23" screens

wrathofdragon

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2012
i love bethesda, but....

Skyrim has MANY glitches. people have been killed by walking into a cart!!! (the cart accelerates away, bounces off and speeds up.... and MURDERS you). people have fallen INTO cliffs, people "sit" in the air next to chairs, tables, beds..... people jumping off a small cliff and falling through the ground for some time before dying... horses fast traveling INTO cities, and being stuck there... torches vanishing, but still casting light... shadows appearing when there is nothing/noone there....

its a given. bethesda has glitches...
go to skyrim.nexusmods.com and look for unofficial skyrim patch (they have those for dlc as well as main game).. it fixes some of the glitches, errors and mistakes....