Colors confused when opening jpegs

July 29, 2005 5:19:10 PM

Has anyone seen the problem when printing jpeg's from windows XP Default
picture and fax viewer. Green grass is Pink and red is green and brown and
yellow are reversed. I have alot of Xp systems doing this including my own.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 10:58:15 PM

Is the problem occuring on one single printer, or more than one printer?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"fluffy the wonder kitten" <fluffythewonderkitten@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:00DCE9A6-40AA-4755-9F16-3012E9BA12A0@microsoft.com...

> --
> Has anyone seen the problem when printing jpeg's from windows XP Default
> picture and fax viewer. Green grass is Pink and red is green and brown and
> yellow are reversed. I have alot of Xp systems doing this including my
> own.
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 9:53:02 AM

Fluffy

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Is the problem occuring on one single printer, or more than one printer?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "fluffy the wonder kitten" <fluffythewonderkitten@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:00DCE9A6-40AA-4755-9F16-3012E9BA12A0@microsoft.com...
> >
> > --
> > Has anyone seen the problem when printing jpeg's from windows XP Default
> > picture and fax viewer. Green grass is Pink and red is green and brown and
> > yellow are reversed. I have alot of Xp systems doing this including my
> > own.
>

> This particular printer is a networked Kyocera Mita FS C5016, all the firmware for the machine is up to date and it has the latest print driver from the manufacturer.
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 12:00:07 PM

If it's only one single printer then that has at least narrowed the problem
down to the printer itself. What happens if you print documents (rather
than just jpgs) with color in them, do all the colors work correctly?

If not, I'd call in a technician. Laser printers aren't disposable items
(like inkjets have become) and they can be expensive if something has gone
wrong.
--

!