Printer not working

July 30, 2005 9:37:02 AM

I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
> is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I
> am
> here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
> getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put
> in
> the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
> even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
> not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
> not
> sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
> I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
> printer for our business so I'm desperate.
> Thank you for your time and help
> Stella

More about : printer working

July 30, 2005 11:09:01 AM

The question is, how did you install it? Did it come with an install disk?
Does
it have software on it? Did you just plug the printer in to the PC and tried
printing with it? Did it have a brochure or owners manual on how to properly
install it? Anyhow, you'll probably need to uninstall it, unplug it, and
then insert the disk and follow the prompts. DO NOT plug the printer in
until told to do so.
Uninstall & reinstall Printer
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the
rest of your life.

"Stella" wrote:

> I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
> > is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I
> > am
> > here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
> > getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put
> > in
> > the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
> > even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
> > not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
> > not
> > sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
> > I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
> > printer for our business so I'm desperate.
> > Thank you for your time and help
> > Stella

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 11:57:53 AM

It's an Australian only product... you may find some help here:

http://www.canon.com.au/products/multifunctionals/multi...
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Stella" <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
>> is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why
>> am
>> here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
>> getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device,
>> put
>> in
>> the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms)
>> I've
>> even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and
>> being
>> not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
>> not
>> sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
>> I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
>> printer for our business so I'm desperate.
>> Thank you for your time and help
>> Stella

July 30, 2005 2:26:25 PM

I went to the Canon site, I could not find any reference to an Image Class MPC200.
There is a SmartBase MPC200 Color listed. Is this your printer? There are update
patches for Windows XP2.
http://software.canon-europe.com/

It is always preferable to completely remove your driver before re-installing
How to clean up printer drivers
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
"Stella" <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
>> is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I
>> am
>> here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
>> getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put
>> in
>> the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
>> even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
>> not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
>> not
>> sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
>> I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
>> printer for our business so I'm desperate.
>> Thank you for your time and help
>> Stella

July 31, 2005 9:09:02 PM

Thanks guys your a big help (I think anyway).
Not sure of your name? Byte, I have already done what you have suggested. I
have XP and my printer came with installation cds. Yes I did read the
instuctions first and waited untill instructed to plug in the cables, I've
done this 4 times now just incase I missed something. I've been to the canon
site AU, I am now waiting for tech support to ring me with hopefully some
answers too.
You guys are great thankyou again
Stella

!