Printer not working

I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
> is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I
> am
> here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
> getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put
> in
> the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
> even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
> not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
> not
> sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
> I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
> printer for our business so I'm desperate.
> Thank you for your time and help
> Stella
4 answers Last reply
More about printer working

    The question is, how did you install it? Did it come with an install disk?
    Does
    it have software on it? Did you just plug the printer in to the PC and tried
    printing with it? Did it have a brochure or owners manual on how to properly
    install it? Anyhow, you'll probably need to uninstall it, unplug it, and
    then insert the disk and follow the prompts. DO NOT plug the printer in
    until told to do so.
    Uninstall & reinstall Printer
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the
    rest of your life.

    "Stella" wrote:

    > I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
    > > is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I
    > > am
    > > here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
    > > getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put
    > > in
    > > the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
    > > even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
    > > not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
    > > not
    > > sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
    > > I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
    > > printer for our business so I'm desperate.
    > > Thank you for your time and help
    > > Stella

    It's an Australian only product... you may find some help here:

    http://www.canon.com.au/products/multifunctionals/multifunctional_colour_bubble_jet/mpc200_support.aspx
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Stella" <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
    >> is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why
    >> am
    >> here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
    >> getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device,
    >> put
    >> in
    >> the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms)
    >> I've
    >> even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and
    >> being
    >> not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
    >> not
    >> sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
    >> I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
    >> printer for our business so I'm desperate.
    >> Thank you for your time and help
    >> Stella

    I went to the Canon site, I could not find any reference to an Image Class MPC200.
    There is a SmartBase MPC200 Color listed. Is this your printer? There are update
    patches for Windows XP2.
    http://software.canon-europe.com/

    It is always preferable to completely remove your driver before re-installing
    How to clean up printer drivers
    Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    http://msauer.mvps.org/
    "Stella" <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
    >> is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why I
    >> am
    >> here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
    >> getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device, put
    >> in
    >> the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms) I've
    >> even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and being
    >> not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
    >> not
    >> sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
    >> I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
    >> printer for our business so I'm desperate.
    >> Thank you for your time and help
    >> Stella

    Thanks guys your a big help (I think anyway).
    Not sure of your name? Byte, I have already done what you have suggested. I
    have XP and my printer came with installation cds. Yes I did read the
    instuctions first and waited untill instructed to plug in the cables, I've
    done this 4 times now just incase I missed something. I've been to the canon
    site AU, I am now waiting for tech support to ring me with hopefully some
    answers too.
    You guys are great thankyou again
    Stella

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > It's an Australian only product... you may find some help here:
    >
    > http://www.canon.com.au/products/multifunctionals/multifunctional_colour_bubble_jet/mpc200_support.aspx
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Stella" <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a problem with my printer (Canon Multifuntion imageCLASS MPC200). It
    > >> is not responding. I have tried everything at least I think, that is why
    > >> am
    > >> here asking you? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing, all I am
    > >> getting is pop up giving me all these options eg:- Turn on the device,
    > >> put
    > >> in
    > >> the USB cable, if in pull out then put in again (sorry for the terms)
    > >> I've
    > >> even gone into my Administrive tools to find out whats happening and
    > >> being
    > >> not that sure of the workings of my pc but willing to give it a go, I'm
    > >> not
    > >> sure what I'm looking for. Nothing is working!!!
    > >> I would really like some input here as I'm pulling out my hair, I use my
    > >> printer for our business so I'm desperate.
    > >> Thank you for your time and help
    > >> Stella

Microsoft Printers Windows XP