I Need Help on Computer Buying.

visuore

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2012
Hello, I was looking for a new PC because I'm going to get $600 soon and I was wanting to buy a new gaming PC because my current one I bought for $400 sucks (Because it was $400). I of course the time didnt know how to build one and I don't want to try to learn this time either I just want to get the computer and get it set up. So I was researching around found this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229332R. There was another for $600 but I decided since this one was cheaper it would be okay. Now I figured this would be alright for the games I would be playing but I would like somebody else's opinion who has more experience at this stuff than I do. I mainly play games like League of Legends, Minecraft, World of Warcraft, SMITE, Diablo 3, AirMech, and Skyrim. These games are okay but I run most of them at pretty low FPS and to be quite honest its pissing me off because it is hindering my gameplay. I was just wondering if there was any better computer out there that any of you could find or if this computer is bad and I need to search for a new one or if these games are out of my price range in quality? I mainly play League of Legends (Which I run fine but my loading screen runs slow and some games I don't even load in and I have weird FPS drops, so on and so forth. I recently got a new router so I know it is my computer. I want 60 fps just regular no lag movement in my gaming...nothing out of the ordinary. And I would atleast like the computer to run League of Legends at High Quality or Medium if you can.

visuore

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2012
If there is a way you could sneak a Monitor in there somewhere I would be grateful. My current one has a max resolution of 1280 x 1024 and I think it is 12" by 12"? I'm not quite sure but a new one would be appreciated if you could somehow find a computer to fit my gaming needs and add the monitor in.

Tankata

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Probably try asking on the "Systems" part forum, there will be heaps of help for you there. Also, you should really look at building you own, its really not that hard with just a little research/hep from people on forums like this and will give you a better end result.

Something like this would be better than that: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/eSHt

Most things at that price level though wouldnt be getting a constant 60fps on many games at high detail levels, so you are either going to have to compromise your budget or graphics levels.

Hope that helped

EDIT: This One that TH used in their System Builder Marathon Articles seems pretty good value: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-pc-overclocking-pc-building,3273.html Specs and parts are about half way down the 1st page and there are also benchmarks so you can see how the system performs.

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
the first thing you need to look for in a pc is the gpu: i'm sorry, but a 6670 won't do the trick. i'd recommend a 6850. it's cheap, and it's great. i own one with a fx-4100 OC'd to 4.2, and i run skyrim on ultra with cnstant 60 fps. the pc was'nt so expencive, so i reccomend. hope i was any help!