fax connection slows my download speed

I have discovered that when my fax line is connected, my download speed cuts
drastically from around 750 to 75. Using XP Home, and Agere Modem.
Is this a common problem?
1 answer Last reply
More about connection slows download speed

    Download speed from where? Are you using ADSL or Broadband of some sort?
    You obviously cannot be downloading something with the modem at the same
    time as you're using it to send/receive a Fax.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "Cybernana" <cybernana59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have discovered that when my fax line is connected, my download speed
    cuts
    > drastically from around 750 to 75. Using XP Home, and Agere Modem.
    > Is this a common problem?

Download Fax Connection Windows XP