OC problem w/P4 (ANYBODY?)

TBlaster

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2002
After OC, when started from cold start computer has to be reset before it will post and start OS. Machine works fine after warmed up. I can restart/shutdown and restart as long as I don't give it time to cool off everything works great! All temps seem to be good. CPU has not been over 105F even under heavy load.

Here's the setup:

GA-8iexp
P4 2.26 533fsb @ 2.8GHz >voltage to 1.625
FSB > to 165
PCI/AGP = 37/75 - AGP voltage 1.6
Geil 512/333 w/copper spreader 2-5-2-2 - >voltage +.2 (2.7v)
GeForce 4 MX440
Audigy Platinum
Enermax 465 P/S
Windows 2k Pro

You can't fix stupid!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by tblaster on 10/24/02 03:53 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I know the answer...when you let the thing cool down and reboot it, it boots at standard voltage. When it reaches POST, BIOS raises the voltage. But if it doesn't reach POST at stock voltage, hehehe.

You can raise detected voltage by wiring some pins together. Go to <A HREF="http://www.crashmania.tk" target="_new">my website</A> to learn more.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

TBlaster

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2002
I probably stated it wrong in the original message. The computer will always post but does not go much further. Sometimes monitor turns off at this point until system reset. Once reset, everything works and will continue to work indefinately. I guess I could just leave it on and never turn it off, but once and a while I like to give it a rest.

You can't fix stupid!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Oh! I don't know then, unless it's waiting untilit finishes POST to increase the voltage...anyone?

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

TBlaster

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2002
Thing usually stops just before starting Windows. Seems to be missing/skipping a file. I can reset and it will start Windows and run stable. I did boost cpu voltage to 1.65. Monitor no longer turns off. The computer stops just before loading Windows w/file error (the screen where you hit F8). Dunno!!!

You can't fix stupid!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by tblaster on 10/25/02 05:58 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

TBlaster

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2002
Memory timings @ 2-5-2-2 and boosted voltage by +.2v (2.7).

<font color=red> You can't fix stupid! </font color=red>