spoolsv.exe missing

my anti spyware program has decided that spoolsv.exe was a worm and I
think it has deleted it from my computer, because when I tried to
install my Lexmark 1150 printer it says says my spooler service has
stopped and i ask for it to be started automatic which does not work.
so trying a manual start (start,control panel,services,properties,
ect,ect ) this fails as well. so as a last ditch effort i followed the
steps but in properties this time i clicked dependancies and there are
none. the error message i get is..error 1068:THE DPENDANCY SERVICE OR
GROUP FAILED TO START.......any Ideas anyone

--
MASTERVODKAMAN
4 answers Last reply

    See steps 15 through 17 at:
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "MASTERVODKAMAN" <MASTERVODKAMAN.1t5uds@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > my anti spyware program has decided that spoolsv.exe was a worm and I
    > think it has deleted it from my computer, because when I tried to
    > install my Lexmark 1150 printer it says says my spooler service has
    > stopped and i ask for it to be started automatic which does not work.
    > so trying a manual start (start,control panel,services,properties,
    > ect,ect ) this fails as well. so as a last ditch effort i followed the
    > steps but in properties this time i clicked dependancies and there are
    > none. the error message i get is..error 1068:THE DPENDANCY SERVICE OR
    > GROUP FAILED TO START.......any Ideas anyone
    >

    > --
    > MASTERVODKAMAN

    i am having the same problem with my lexmark x125--no matter what i do-it
    says spool is stopped. i went into services and started it-but it did not
    help----DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?????

    "MASTERVODKAMAN" wrote:

    > my anti spyware program has decided that spoolsv.exe was a worm and I
    > think it has deleted it from my computer, because when I tried to
    > install my Lexmark 1150 printer it says says my spooler service has
    > stopped and i ask for it to be started automatic which does not work.
    > so trying a manual start (start,control panel,services,properties,
    > ect,ect ) this fails as well. so as a last ditch effort i followed the
    > steps but in properties this time i clicked dependancies and there are
    > none. the error message i get is..error 1068:THE DPENDANCY SERVICE OR
    > GROUP FAILED TO START.......any Ideas anyone
    >

    > --
    > MASTERVODKAMAN

    What was the exact text message when you tried to remove the dependency?
    And please don't shout.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "SUZAN" <SUZAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i am having the same problem with my lexmark x125--no matter what i do-it
    > says spool is stopped. i went into services and started it-but it did not
    > help----DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?????

  4. I had this problem too. And really don't know why.

    I searched for 'spoolsv.exe', found it in the SP3 folders, copied it to \WINDOWS\system32 and the printers all re-appeared.

    good luck!

Windows XP