Multiple Issues with Multiple Games

JMG2012

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Hey guys, I have problems with 3 games that I am trying to play at the moment and not much seems to be popping up on the ole Google search. Hoping somebody here will have my solution. I will be posting my specs at the end.

First of all, I recently decided I wanted to play RAGE again as I haven't played it since upgrading my PC. I get to the main menu, start a game, watch the cutscene and it crashes where it should enter the game. Sometimes it's crashed before in the menu or during the cutscene but if not, it always crashes when entering the game. - Any solution to this?

Secondly, I want to play COOP with my friend on Kane & Lynch 2. I load a game or create a new game and shortly after it doing so, the game crashes. I've read fixes that mention going offline but I want to do online coop and it still doesn't solve the problem. I had the same issue with my old computer but not with my laptop. - Any solution to this?

Last of all, I enjoyed playing COOP over Xbox with my friend on Saints Row the 3rd and now that I have it on PC, I want to start again with him. However, we are unable to join each other and sometimes the invites over Steam just don't pop up at all. I don't think it's an issue with ports as we were able to do it a while back when I had my old PC just fine. - Any solution to this? Or list of ports that may aid the connection?

Many thanks in advance. I hope someone can help me. Most importantly with RAGE as I want to play that again.

Computer Specs
AMD FX Bulldozer 6100 @ 3.3ghz
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 1600mhz
XFX 1GB 7770 Black Edition
WD Caviar Green 500GB
ASUS M5A97 R2.0

mi1ez

Splendid
If this only happens while gaming, my first thought would be drivers. Check all your drivers are up-to-date, and install any pending Windows updates.

XP/Vista/7?

Games installed from disk? Steam? Other?

JMG2012

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Oh sorry, knew I forgot something.

All installed on Steam, running Windows 8. Everything is up to date as far as I know.

JMG2012

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
All 3 games I had the same sort of experience with whilst using Windows 7. They all ran find when I was running Vista. But with each OS I had different hardware so the fault must lie there.