Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Cysis 2 Multiplayer Demo Available for Download

Last response: in News comments
March 1, 2011 10:15:48 PM

We know it will play Crysis 2... but Cysis 2?

Sorry Jane, couldn't resist.
Score
March 1, 2011 10:25:58 PM

Finally, I want!
Score
Related resources
March 1, 2011 10:28:17 PM

Woot! Dl'ing it now, can't wait to see how it performs on my PC. I would love a good challenge.
Score
March 1, 2011 10:39:21 PM

it would be nice if every one and ther mother wasnt spamming the site i cant even get it to do a new user ..
Score
March 1, 2011 10:41:19 PM

I've downloaded it, alright, but how the heck does one play this freakin' game??? It requires you to register and login, but after 2 hours I still can't create an account!!!

Damn, it's a demo, I should be able to start playing in 15 secs. This is what a call a bad start.
Score
March 1, 2011 10:43:22 PM

But can I run it?
Score
March 1, 2011 10:43:23 PM

Argh!!! 2 hours after downloading I still can't even create an account!!!!

This is a demo, ff sake! I should be able to start evaluating the game within 15 secons, not be put through this frustrating registration process!!!

Score
March 1, 2011 10:57:18 PM

I've read elsewhere that the Demo is very Consolish.. Including things like Aim-Assist being on by default.. WHY?!

I fear this may be yet another bland console port.. What happened to you Crytek?
Score
March 1, 2011 11:04:41 PM

Awesome!
Downloading now.
Score
March 1, 2011 11:06:56 PM

Press start to continue, autoaim, and average graphics. I'm so glad Crysis 2 is looking to be a complete console port.
Score
March 1, 2011 11:17:38 PM

I grabbed the demo last night but haven't installed it yet, the game looks promising from a gameplay standpoint.
Score
March 1, 2011 11:21:31 PM

The demo was pretty lame. This doesnt come as a surprise though as the first crysis wasnt that great either.
Score
March 1, 2011 11:37:53 PM

This was a bad idea for crytek. The demo seems like a shitty unfinished console port(dx9 only...). I'm not going to make any judgments on the game until the full version is released.

Unfortunately thousands of other people already have made their judgment on the game and will no longer be buying it.
Score
March 1, 2011 11:45:43 PM

Not extremley excited about Crysis 2 but wont hurt to see if my rig can handle it. They said its very optimized so we shall see if its a resource hog like Crysis was.
Score
March 1, 2011 11:48:59 PM

yeah, but does it play.... Oh nevermind. ;) 
Score
March 2, 2011 12:00:56 AM

canb it run crysis lol ;) 
Score
Anonymous
March 2, 2011 12:07:25 AM

You actually get 2 weeks of demo time, it ends at 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time (PST) on Sunday, March 13th (Subject to change)

http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/1/demo
Score
March 2, 2011 12:10:41 AM

Been playing this since this morning. It's not too bad... My only problem is that I don't like the nanosuit setup in comparison to the first one. The multiplayer mode also isn't as huge (in map size and player count) as the first, which is also disappointing.
Score
March 2, 2011 12:20:02 AM

good but whats thge dif betweent graphic modes Detailed i mean
Score
March 2, 2011 12:28:36 AM

playing right now ..But a little dissapointed about the graphics i thought it was going to be even better (btw im playing 1090*1080 on max settings)
Score
March 2, 2011 12:32:50 AM

I've waited SOOO long for this
Score
March 2, 2011 12:37:42 AM

Spent some time playing today. What a disappointment. Trying to figure out what was the bigger let down, this or MOH.

Where do I begin. How about "Press Start to Begin" screen.

TONS of Browser issues. No refresh, filters not working. No North American servers, when I did find few....NONE of them worked, everyone sat in the chat room waiting for game to start.

Auto Aim? REally

As for the game itself:
Graphics are worse than original Crysis
Game play is COD like (arcadish). There is no tacticis....run and gun.
And worse of all, blur makes you sick, literally. I got a headache within min of playing....made my eyes hurt.

Rest of the "class"/achievements/kill streaks etc is straight out of COD.

Map layout is weird, not a fan (again same as COD)

Overall, disappointed.
Score
March 2, 2011 12:48:57 AM

Good stuff, but no DX11 yet :-)
Score
March 2, 2011 1:01:52 AM

Cool, thanks TH!
Score
March 2, 2011 1:16:12 AM

Aim assist, are u phucin kidding me. Talk about dumbed down!
Score
Anonymous
March 2, 2011 1:19:00 AM

Feels, looks and plays like COD... I'm pretty open minded but it looks like this games been dumbed for the masses. To further that it says "Press Start to Begin" not a good sign for it not being consolized.
Score
March 2, 2011 1:29:13 AM

Guys, it was just reported that Crysis 2 will NOT ship with DX11, not even DX10. We are stuck on console-DX9 unless they get 'generous' and decide to patch it into the game at a later time. What is this, 2005 ?

What a slap in the face to PC gamers.

Screw Crytek, I am NOT purchasing this game.
Score
March 2, 2011 1:43:16 AM

It took me about 10 minutes to open the installer, and I'm not kidding. Wow.
Score
March 2, 2011 1:48:22 AM

i dunno about you guys, but i enjoyed this demo, very awesome gameplay/graphics. coming from BF, i dind't have high expectations for c2 multi, but was very pleasantly surprised. The stealth/power suit switch on the fly demands a lot of quick reflexes and skills x)
Score
March 2, 2011 1:49:11 AM

Nice, thanks for the direct link.
Score
March 2, 2011 2:28:11 AM

reprotectedIt took me about 10 minutes to open the installer, and I'm not kidding. Wow.

Did it through Steam. Installed fine. Still I played it and wasn't too impressed.

Portal 2 will be better.
Score
March 2, 2011 2:40:48 AM

i dont mind the dx to much no dx 10 at least realy suprised me, but its so stail nothing is living all is pixelated plate. loved crysis 1 for all the movment and the living trees and plants hope that make a patch enabling phys-x or some thing like that
Score
March 2, 2011 2:42:32 AM

"Crysis 2 to launch with DX9 only, DX11 to be included in a patch - Maximum Fail" "This is a very big blow as CEO Cevat Yerli has put his name on the line saying this will still be a huge hit on the PC and they have spent considerable time on PC making sure PC fans are not disappointed."
"If this news is true, yet again, PC gamers are kicked in the balls. DirectX 9 on one of the biggest titles of the year, in 2011? It's not 2007 anymore, Crytek."

http://bit.ly/gkwFcc
Score
March 2, 2011 2:56:58 AM

TrialskingAim assist, are u phucin kidding me. Talk about dumbed down!

It only works when you have a controller plugged in.
Talk about you being dumb.
Score
March 2, 2011 3:07:34 AM

Custom class bonuses don't seem to work, at least for me they don't I'll unlock them and equip with the only custom class profile there is. I get ingame and they don't work, if I logout or restart the client the armor perks are locked again and I have my tokens again.
Score
March 2, 2011 3:35:58 AM

darkchazzIt only works when you have a controller plugged in.Talk about you being dumb.

Nope you are dumb because the game is dumbed down big time. Its ok to play but definitely not worth $60 for lower graphix than than Crysis 1, and Crysis of Duty gameplay.

Score
March 2, 2011 3:50:55 AM

Played it. Sad that you cannot customize the graphics. Played on Hardcore. It ran smooth on my Q6600, HD5870 and 4GB of RAM.

But looking at the graphics, it looks like Crysis but performs how the CryEngine 2 should have. Decent. Yet its supposed to be the CryEngine 3.

Sorry but this to me is a fail. Its going to end up like COD. Started pushing PC limits and now will just pretty much be console ports.

Oh well. At least I have Portal 2 to look forward to. Gonna get me some cake.
Score
March 2, 2011 3:59:29 AM

annismanGuys, it was just reported that Crysis 2 will NOT ship with DX11, not even DX10. We are stuck on console-DX9 unless they get 'generous' and decide to patch it into the game at a later time. What is this, 2005 ?What a slap in the face to PC gamers.Screw Crytek, I am NOT purchasing this game.

What is the most suprising is it isn't even DX10 out the gate...I can understand patching in DX11 later but not even DX10? Consoles are killing PC gaming and gaming in general. There are plenty of high end PC's just waiting for something to do and not one piece of software that requires any of the power available.
Score
March 2, 2011 5:15:54 AM

I enjoyed the demo. The quick switching on the nano suit is a big upgrade from the last game. It plays like a taut and sexier version of crysis. Sprinting + crouch = a big ass slide across the ground. The game is sweet. Its nothing like cod. Its hard to see some variety in FPS games these days and crysis 2 delivers a fresh, enjoyable title to the clusterF*** of crappy modern warfare games. The server list and menus are great along with the friends list. The new engine is great and it looks amazing for being dx 9.
Score
March 2, 2011 6:41:40 AM

poor crysis 2 it is officialy leaked on torrent sites a beta V of the hole game. hope the sells go good so they whont go all assrape on pc agen.
Score
March 2, 2011 7:12:13 AM

Stop trolling! It's not a console port! The graphics are awesome and it runs smooth as butter on my 4870! Crysis was MUCH slower! They highly optimized the game and it shows! How the hell is that bad?
Score
March 2, 2011 7:35:15 AM

I can't believe people are actually whining about what API they are using and going so far as to say they won't buy the game based upon that. Id Software's Rage isn't even going to use DirectX for rendering at all, it's going to use OpenGL. Are you not going to buy that as well? If Crytek can get the game too look better than the original Crysis without using DirectX 10 or 11 and the performance overhead associated with them, more power to them. This is why PC gaming is "dying", because morons base their purchase not on a games merits, but the fact that it doesn't use a specific API. They could have simply used DirectX 11 without using any of its specific features and you would have never even known the difference.
Score
March 2, 2011 8:04:03 AM

Oh my freaking god this game is poorly made. Jesus! I´ve spent the last 15 min trying to get in to a game online, og got 1 min og gaming time. WTH?! How on earth do Crytek expect people to buy a game that takes 15 min to online in?! What about graphics? Which are the highest setting? Nice with the quiz though. Choose a)advanced, b) gamer, og c) hardcore. This puts me in a wird position. Im a gamer, I´ve got a hardcore rig, and im an advanced user. what to choose, what to choose?
Score
March 2, 2011 9:08:57 AM

Does anyone else dislike how you have to keep mouse2 pressed down instead of having a "toggle" aim? Imo there should be those two options in the controls so players can choose whatever they prefer.

Then there's crouch which is a toggle when I don't want a toggle -.- And yes, not being able to customize graphics is a big wtf. On one map my 6950 sometimes goes down to 25 but mostly is at 50 and I really would want to turn off one or two options down eg. AA or AF but can't do that now can I :/ 
Score
March 2, 2011 10:16:14 AM

Horrible

Press Start to Begin
Score
March 2, 2011 10:39:45 AM

My rig seems to handle it pretty well, although I went into a server with zero players because I just wanted to site see.

Ran really well at 1280x1024 (sorry, I don't have a wide-screen monitor) and it had the Advanced setting enabled on my rig which is:

AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE with 4th core unlocked (not overclocked)
Gaming Series DDR2800 2GBx2
ATI Radeon HD5750 1gb GDDR5: overclocked GPU 830 MHz, Memory 1335 MHz

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Ran like a champ. Now, I need to play against other players and see how much of drag (if any) it will be on my system.

Can't wait for the full version. I went ahead and pre-ordered on Steam.
Score
March 2, 2011 11:18:03 AM

crysis 1 = people complaining of low fps, because the hardware requirements are to high.
crysis 2 = people complaining about lack of high end hardware support but game has good fps?
this is funny :) 
Score
!