Limited access printing?

I've found that on my children's limited access accounts on Win XP Home, that
they are not able to print anything. From what little I've been able to find
on this topic, the only solution is to give them admin access level. I do not
desire to do this, as I don't want my children to have full access to
everything on this system. I do want to allow them to be able to print their
own homework from their accounts. It really is a pain having them save
everything then bugging me to print their stuff from my account.

This is often seen on XP Home PCs when they have Symantec products like
Norton Antivirus installed. If this applies to you, go to the Control Panel
and click on Printers & Faxes. Right click on your printer and select
Properties. In the Advanced tab, set the default to Print Direct to Printer
(instead of using the Spooler).
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"NewSoul" <NewSoul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've found that on my children's limited access accounts on Win XP Home,
> that
> they are not able to print anything. From what little I've been able to
> find
> on this topic, the only solution is to give them admin access level. I do
> not
> desire to do this, as I don't want my children to have full access to
> everything on this system. I do want to allow them to be able to print
> their
> own homework from their accounts. It really is a pain having them save
> everything then bugging me to print their stuff from my account.

This suggestion actually created more problems. Yes indeed I do have NAV
2005, so I did follow the suggestion. At first it appeared to help on
'limited access' accounts, as the print 'dialog' windows opened, and the
print objects appeared to go 'towards' the printers (I could see them in the
printer logs, showing 'printing...'). The problem is that all programs that I
attempted to print with crashed, and upon clearing the crash as an
unresponsive program, the print files disappeared out of the printer log.
This symptom was also replicated on admin user accounts, so I reverted back
to the original setting.

Choose a new A/V product or call Symantec.