Solved

Office 2007 and moving from vista home to 7 pro

Hello. I am planning to upgrade from Vista home premium to 7 pro. I know that I have to do a custom installation. I had a question about my office 2007. If I back it up, will I be able to put it back into the computer once 7 pro is installed? I dont want to lose it. It came installed on my computer when I purchased it.
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about office 2007 moving vista home
  1. Best answer
    Firstly there is no upgrade path from Vista Home Premium to W7 Profesional, therefore you would need to either buy a full version of W7 Profesional, or buy the W7 Ultimate upgrade, in order to get the extras in W7 Profesional.
    There is no way to backup Office 2007 or any other version, you need the Office instalation disk when doing a clean install of the OS.
  2. Jonmor68 said:
    Firstly there is no upgrade path from Vista Home Premium to W7 Profesional, therefore you would need to either buy a full version of W7 Profesional, or buy the W7 Ultimate upgrade, in order to get the extras in W7 Profesional.
    There is no way to backup Office 2007 or any other version, you need the Office instalation disk when doing a clean install of the OS.

Thanks fo r the info. Very much appreciated!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Office 2007 Computers Windows Vista Windows 7