Curious about over clocking?

ARGON

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2002
Well, if you REALLY want to know what overclocking is about, head on over to www.overclockers.com and check out their articles and extensive forums.

There is something to be gained from all the material there. The forums are enjoyed by by newbies and experts. There is most certainly a plethora of interesing reading. :)

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Overclock what? For the CPU, you can raise the FSB or change the clock multiplier on unlocked AMD chips.

The advantages should be fairly evident, it makes it go faster.

The disadvantages are that it could shorten the life of the thing or burn it out.

...And all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put my computer back together again...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Put that thought back into your head, you'll need to learn more before entertaining it.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Toester

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
Yes, put that on a burner for now, I read;(hungrily----I might add!!)for about 5-6 weeks on this site and others before I attempted any o/c. It pays to do a lot of research on this subject---BEFORE trying anything!!!!!Take notes,print out site pages etc.Trust me, I'm basically a newbie myself and browsing all the posts in here has given me a lot of good info. And don't forget:ask anytime you get stumped or are not clear on any topic--------the people in here are great for getting back to you!!!!! P.S.---give as much detail in your questions as possible---saves a lot of time!!!! Good Luck!!!!

We can't all be heros,someone has to stand on the sidewalk and clap!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by toester on 10/31/02 09:45 PM.</EM></FONT></P>