WinXP Spooler writing to Windows directory

Does the Windows XP print spooling service ever need to write to C:\WINDOWS?
If so, what type of files?

I thought it only needed to use C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\PRINTERS.

Thanks,

Joe M

Some print drivers require files in \windows\system32.

Also GDI functions will write temporary data to %windir%\temp when rendering
data. SPLnnnn.tmp files.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team