Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Haven't used the Microsoft Fax Console much, but I just noticed I can't seem
to receive faxes more than 3 pages.

Is there an unadvertised limit in Windows XP SP2 Fax Console?

Dan

No, there is no limit. XP Fax is just not a very robust applicaton and,
unfortunately, it gets confused farily easily. Makesure you Fax modem is
listed in the Hardware Compatibility List
(http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx) and that it has the latest
drivers

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"Dan" <dud@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Haven't used the Microsoft Fax Console much, but I just noticed I can't
seem
> to receive faxes more than 3 pages.
>
> Is there an unadvertised limit in Windows XP SP2 Fax Console?
>
> Dan

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It's 1 of those Conexant HCF 56K modems. It appears on the list. The
things works OK, it's just that if a fax is larger than 3 pages, it won't
open and says the file is corrupt.

Dan