hp deskjet / win xp / word

August 5, 2005 2:16:03 AM

so since I got this fine hp comp and printer in Jan 05, I cant print labels
correctly.
I have been printing labels for years, i know how to do it. I had an epson,
i do them at work.

I put the label paper in and use word to pick when label I am using and type
it up, then print and ALL MY LABELS COME OUT HIGHER AND OVERLAPPING THE LABEL
ABOVE, wasting the whole sheet.

I contacted HP and he referred me to Avery (I am using avery labels). To no
avail. I dont understand why it is doing this... any suggestions?

More about : deskjet win word

August 5, 2005 2:21:01 AM

my printer is hp deskjet 3847

"Kris" wrote:

> so since I got this fine hp comp and printer in Jan 05, I cant print labels
> correctly.
> I have been printing labels for years, i know how to do it. I had an epson,
> i do them at work.
>
> I put the label paper in and use word to pick when label I am using and type
> it up, then print and ALL MY LABELS COME OUT HIGHER AND OVERLAPPING THE LABEL
> ABOVE, wasting the whole sheet.
>
> I contacted HP and he referred me to Avery (I am using avery labels). To no
> avail. I dont understand why it is doing this... any suggestions?
August 5, 2005 2:33:01 AM

me again - so if I print on regular paper and hold it up to my labels it
prints fine... so is it the thickness of the label sheet? it obviously is
not pulling the label sheet the same way it pulls a regular paper through...

"Kris" wrote:

> so since I got this fine hp comp and printer in Jan 05, I cant print labels
> correctly.
> I have been printing labels for years, i know how to do it. I had an epson,
> i do them at work.
>
> I put the label paper in and use word to pick when label I am using and type
> it up, then print and ALL MY LABELS COME OUT HIGHER AND OVERLAPPING THE LABEL
> ABOVE, wasting the whole sheet.
>
> I contacted HP and he referred me to Avery (I am using avery labels). To no
> avail. I dont understand why it is doing this... any suggestions?
a b α HP
August 5, 2005 11:03:20 AM

Good troubleshooting! Now that you have determined that this works fine on
a normal sheet of paper, you might want to check back with HP to see if
there is a setting to increase or decrease the tension on a page so that you
get the same results on the labels.

PattyL

"Kris" <Kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> me again - so if I print on regular paper and hold it up to my labels it
> prints fine... so is it the thickness of the label sheet? it obviously is
> not pulling the label sheet the same way it pulls a regular paper
> through...
>
> "Kris" wrote:
>
>> so since I got this fine hp comp and printer in Jan 05, I cant print
>> labels
>> correctly.
>> I have been printing labels for years, i know how to do it. I had an
>> epson,
>> i do them at work.
>>
>> I put the label paper in and use word to pick when label I am using and
>> type
>> it up, then print and ALL MY LABELS COME OUT HIGHER AND OVERLAPPING THE
>> LABEL
>> ABOVE, wasting the whole sheet.
>>
>> I contacted HP and he referred me to Avery (I am using avery labels). To
>> no
>> avail. I dont understand why it is doing this... any suggestions?
October 9, 2009 2:57:43 PM

I bought an HP Officejet J4550 All-in-One printer 2 months ago. I installed software and registered the product the same day.
I noticed problems with printing labels right away, but now it's completely off. Yesterday I spent 1 hour on the phone with tech support from India with no results. They tried to change setting - nothing.
I went today on HP website and had a 1 hour session of life chat with tech support. Their tech guy asked me to do different things including installing another printer. He told me that there are no problems with the software, it’s hardware problems; to call customer service for early replacement.
After that I was able to get through to customer service and spent another 35-40 min, then for 2 hours I was waiting for the case manager call and so on...
To make a long story short, Richard (supervisor) told me that this is not a hardware issue it's a paper issue (paper is too smooth ) and they are not going to replace the printer.
He did recommend putting tape on the back of the label paper. His recommendation is an admittance of their knowledge of this problem. This is 100% hardware Issue. Later, I did research and found that this issue goes back to 2005.
Knowing about this problem and letting me go through all these re- installations, testing, that took more than 3 hours is a ground for legal actions. The HP fails to disclose that some of their printers have hardware problems; also they fail to disclose that there is possibility of problems with printing labels.
!