PC_GEEK

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
<b>Which CPU is better for over clocking ??????????</b>

:cool: :cool: <font color=blue><b> PC_GEEK </b></font color=blue> :smile: :smile:

<font color=red><b> UNREAL II </b></font color=red>

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I would say that the new core revision AMD's are just as goo as the P4's (XP2400 and 2600). However, I haven't OC'd one myself, I'm going off of one of Tom's articles. The P4's have been getting good oC's for awhile now from lots of people. Most of the time, I would say go with what is working (p4's).

[rant]AMD, YOU ARE EVIL!!! GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!!! A STOCK, UNLOCKED CPU!!![/rant]

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
AMD XP 2700s can reach a fsb of 180+mhz!! the highest speed I have seen these running at is 2.4ghz with AIR COOLING! this beats the [-peep-] out of the p4 2.8ghz procs and equals around intels new p4 3.06ghz procs that will come out next week. I think AMD is realy starting to catch up, when they release their claw hammer intel had better have something besides more mhz up their sleeve! When they add more cache to these thouroughbreds then intel will have to put its tail behind its legs and run screaming home!

If I was you I would buy an xp 2600 with a 333mhz fsb (pricey but in the long run worth it) and an nforce 2 motherboard, dual bus ddr 400mhz means FUKIN FAST!!!

if you want a cheap overclock a p4 1.6a will do you nicely but you could also get an amd xp 1800, my 1800 is running at 1.8ghz = xp2200

Dungeons and Dragons Famous Last Words:
"C'mon DM,let's see some REAL monsters!" And then you turn the corner as the Dungeon Master chuckles... DM: "It hits and... Oh hold on... I need more dice"

PC_GEEK

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
Thanks !!!!!!

:cool: :cool: <font color=blue><b> PC_GEEK </b></font color=blue> :smile: :smile:

<font color=red><b> UNREAL II </b></font color=red>