Can this laptop handle those games? (Dell N5110)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B3457

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
So I'm getting a new laptop at the end of this month and it has the following specs:

Intel Core i7-2670QM - 3.10GHz turbo
8GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GT525m

Can this handle the following games at high settings? (with an average of 30 fps, not asking for more):

-TESV Skyrim
-Crysis 2
-Batman: Arkham City
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
-Mass Effect 3
-Assassin's Creed: Revelations & AC 3 (still not out)

Well that's it, Thanks for reading and please reply. I know that the graphics card may not be too much, but its the best I can get.

PS: I ask nicely, Do NOT recommend other laptops since this is the best I can get.

PSS: Also don't tell me that the GFX card can't handle any of those games, my friend has it and he can handle many 2011 & 2012 games at high settings with ease.

Why are you asking the question if you 'already know the answer and don't want anyone tell you it will not handle it'.

No, that graphics card will not handle those games at high settings. Don't fool yourself.

And if you're getting laptop for gaming, that's definitely not the best option at that price. There are laptops with GT 635m for the same price, which is three times more powerful.

B3457

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Thanks for the replies, but when I said "don't say that it can't handle it" I didn't mean at high settings, I meant that if it can't even run the game at the lowest settings even.

I'm still surprised though, My friend has the exact one (with an i5) and he can run Skyrim at high settings with constant 35 fps.

But still, thanks for the feedback.

Erkan Mali

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
I was playing Skyrim at Medium settings with 30-40fps. I finished DmC and the game ran at 30-40fps at low-med settings. My friend was playing Driver SF and the game ran extremely smooth. Just don't forget that when you play games, right-click on the app and choose High performance GPU. Some games will run automatically with the Intel HD3000 which is just a visual GPU.

vivek palat

Honorable
May 25, 2015
I don't know about yours.I have a dell inspiron n5110 with i5 2450m at 2.5ghz and 4gb ram and nvidia gt525m gpu.it could run saints row 3 at high setting for 10-15 fps. In medium it could run at 30-45fps.in low it could run more than 100 fps

Status
Not open for further replies.